Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2007 4:12:57 PM EDT
I have a MUR, Noveske 10.5" bbl. and a LT 10" rail.  I've seen pics of the MUR/LT built uppers.  Looking for direction on how to assemble it since the anti-rotation device doesn't fit.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
A more important question would be why.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you clarify C-J.

No reason other than they're the parts I have on hand, and they're all quality parts.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a MUR, Noveske 10.5" bbl. and a LT 10" rail.  I've seen pics of the MUR/LT built uppers.  Looking for direction on how to assemble it since the anti-rotation device doesn't fit.  Thanks

I've seen a pic (can't remember who) where someone cut the anti-roll device where it was hitting the MUR. They cut it just enough so that it cleared the MUR, but it still worked with only one side of the anti-roll device intact. Hopefully someone has these pics and can show exactly what I'm talking about.

As to why would he want to do this, because it's his gear and he wants to do it. No other reason is needed in my book.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok.

The MUR doesn't really do anything that a standard upper doesn't.  Period.

I would reccomend a VIS over what you are considering.  It is a very nice piece of kit.

ETA: It can be done as Mike suggests, and he is correct about it being your gear... but it isn't really necessary.  

Nice stuff, though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hijack, but what's a MUR? ______ upper receiver? (Modular?)
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
An upper receiver made by vltor.  I believe that it's a billet rather than forged reciever.

Appears to be nicely made.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nicely made, and with thick Type III anodizing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]
The little thick parts of the LaRue keeper can be filed with a fine file to be widen
(the gap), just hand fit it. Very simple to do.

Erik
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Cut it (keeper) in half and then use the right side only.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 3:36:28 AM EDT
[#10]
The FF rails and two piece HG's that don't use an anti-rotation device...I assume that it's simply the barrel nut that keeps it from coming loose during use?  So, am I correct in thinking that it could be installed without the anti-rotation and stand up to use?  
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 3:44:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A more important question would be why.

Cause he wants to, duh. You wasted your 30000th post for that response
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
This topic is discussed here, in detail:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=338754

I've got a VLTOR Mur myself and just ordered the Larue.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top