Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2003 5:19:24 PM EDT
Anybody here have any experiences with any MP5 clones.  I see Special Weapons and Hesse Arms (I believe both of these companies are now out of business) have several versions.

Here are some links with these guns:

www.gunsnstuff.net/p/046f.html
www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FG&Category_Code=R+AMR+HK
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
My younger brother has the MP5 clone. Had a few hang ups when new, after about 200 rds it shoots like a champ. Ugly with the 16" bbl so he has one of the fake cans. Ive shot it on numerous occasions. i love the thing, its a blast to shoot. Trying to talk him into SBR with a slip over FFS. It would look much better. As far as I know most parts interchange... IBTL...IBTL...IBTL.... John
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
gmtmaster who makes the MP5 clone your brother has?  Just so we are on the same page what does SBR and FFS stand for?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
SBR - Short Barrel Rifle
FFS - Fake Flash Suppressor

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
gmtmaster who makes the MP5 clone your brother has?  Just so we are on the same page what does SBR and FFS stand for?
View Quote

Its SWD I believe. Cool gun like I said. Kinda high $.. I think he paid 1200 or so on gunbroker.. If you get one use HK mags. Some of the steel knock offs he had didnt work well. But, they are a really good time to shoot, but you will burn thru 9mm ammo REALLY fast!!!With that 16" bbl that gun is pretty darn quiet.. Louder than a 10/22 shooting CCI Stingers but not by a whole lot... John
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
So what is the deal with Special Weapons and Hesse Arms??  Did they go out of business??
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So what is the deal with Special Weapons and Hesse Arms??  Did they go out of business??
View Quote

now you've done it! [:O]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure on SWD, they say there stuff was a limited prod run. Would be scary if they cant support their product, but MP5 parts interchange for the most part. Stay as far away from Hesse as you can get.. Bad News.. I am sure lots will agree with me. But they are still in business under another name, what name I am unsure, but they are still out there... If you want one of the MP5 clones look on Gunsamerica or Gunbroker. You should find a few...
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Spezshul weapuns [BD] you say!?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Stay as far away from Hesse as you can get.. Bad News.. I am sure lots will agree with me. [red]But they are still in business under another name,[/red] what name I am unsure, but they are still out there...
View Quote

Vulcan Arms, I beleive...
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, thats them...
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#11]
might want to check out this thread in the Armory HK forum

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=171880[/url]

check out his link for the pics.  looks really nice!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Half the people I have talked to that owned them said they were flawless and the other half said it jammed every single magazine.  The samples I have seen (never seen a Hesse) are very rough around the eges and didnt look very... um... profesional.  You can tell its a cobbled up piece and not the real deal.  I guess you either get a great one or a lemon and its a real crap shoot either way.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:27:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey inferno715 thanks for that link.  That is exactly what I am looking for.  Pretty dam pricy but it is also something not everybody has.

I am going to get SE AK74 from Ohio Rapid Fire so I'll prolly wait and see how the AK turns out.

Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top