Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 2:59:41 PM EDT
I've got a Surefire G2 light and I was wondering if it was possible to mount this to my AR with a simple mount and pressure switch or if I have to have a specific surefire light.  If it is possible, is there a specific mount and/or pressure switch I must use?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've got a Surefire G2 light and I was wondering if it was possible to mount this to my AR with a simple mount and pressure switch or if I have to have a specific surefire light.  If it is possible, is there a specific mount and/or pressure switch I must use?

G2 Nitrolon or 6P weapons mount package deal

Check out Brightflashlights post over in the industry section... he can hook you up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll second Brightflashlights, he's a excellent guy to deal with.

Here is my G2 Nitrolon setup. I have it mounted with two standard Weaver rings. The pressure switch and Z32 bezel are from Brightflashlights.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
To take the regular flashlight what is needed?  Does the pressure switch come with a replacement tailcap or are they two separate things I'll need?  I'm a bit confused on how I'd do the setup on my AR.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
To take the regular flashlight what is needed?  Does the pressure switch come with a replacement tailcap or are they two separate things I'll need?  I'm a bit confused on how I'd do the setup on my AR.  Thanks again.

The pressure switch simply replaces the original tail cap switch. Unscrew the original, screw on the pressure switch and yer done!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
QUIB - Where do I get this part that fits over the stock?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#6]
That and the mount and that's it?!  That's gotta be the easiest mod there is!  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That and the mount and that's it?!  That's gotta be the easiest mod there is!  Thanks for the info.

Some guys like the added shock protection that the Z32 shock isolated bezel offers. For $19 it's something to think about. I have 600+ rounds through my weapon since the addition of the G2 and have had no problems. This is also firing with the light turned on, the filiment held up just fine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
QUIB - Where do I get this part that fits over the stock?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/kevin034/6201Shooting_Sept04_6.jpg

It's simply a black piece of soft "loop" velcro that I stuck to the stock. I like the feel of the velcro compaired to the plastic, especially in colder weather.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top