Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/19/2008 9:45:54 AM EDT
I want to get a railed forearm for my AR and its a 14.7 w/pinned flash hider so that kinda limits me to 2 piece stuff. I don't want to cut off the delta ring either. I really wanted a KAC ras ii but operation parts is out of the ones that come with the vfg and extra rail panel, and I haven't seen a deal that good elsewhere. The MI 2 piece carbine handguard looks very similar to regular KAC RAS and it's a hell of a lot cheaper! Looks to be good quality as well. What do you guys think? I was looking at getting one from rainierarms, so if Stickman has any pics or advice....

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 1:49:34 PM EDT
Stickman...pics....Oh I think you can count on Stick having pics...

Never had the MI, but a friend did.  I hear good things about it.  The one I saw in person was locked up tight, no wiggle with just a VFG attached to it.  The MI gets fairly high praises on the board as far as DI handguards go.  

I know Bravo Company carries them and always has good prices.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:00:16 PM EDT
It's a nice rail. I picked mine up from Aimsurplus for $129 + .01c shipping.

The finish is great. The thing was a real chore to get on even with a delta ring tool.

Mine does have a sliiiight bit of play in the bottom half though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:06:19 PM EDT
I love em.

I have Knight Ras and Larues on my other guns.

$ for $ MI are the best bang for the buck. If you are not building a laser, then the MI's are great. Rails are in spec.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:21:52 PM EDT
Top Top