Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:21:28 AM EDT
I bought a single-point sling mount yesterday from a local shop.  This is the one that slides over of the extension tube while still on the rifle.  It mounts on top of the castle nut and locks in place using a small torx screw.  Overall I like it: matches the Stag finish, low-profile and appears to satisfy the need without changing the end plate.

It is the MCTAR-15 on this page:
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=97

My only complaint is that the collapsible stock will not lock in the fully compressed position with the adapter in place.  Any suggestions on how to fix?  Any modifications to the stock or extension tube I should consider?

Thanks
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you're going to have to live with it.

As far as I know, the ONLY end plate adapter that will let you collapse the stock all the way with the sling mounted on the gun is the Noveske.

I have a Daniel Defense and like it, but can't collapse the stock all the way unless the sling is off the gun.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:49:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll clarify.  The bracket on it's own prevents the stock from collapsing.  So no sling or anything else.  The thickness of the metal bracket prevents the stock latch from catching that last hole closes to the receiver.  Can I trim the stock a little to make it fit?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you shoot with your rifle fully collapsed or is your concern with transport?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I shoot it with the stock fully extended.  I like it functioning as desired and locking in the full-closed position.  I'm currently pricing Pelicans to custom fit 2 of my rifles for range work.  Smaller will be better for what I have in mind for the case, but I guess one notch isn't the end of the world....

I was looking at the stock.  I could probably lop 1/4" off the tube and it would work perfectly.  The risk I run is buggering up the stock with an imperfect cut (would use my mitre saw to keep it straight).

I'm thinking about this too much.  I'm going to screw something up and will wind up having to replace something!!

Time to stop thinking and just enjoy.

Jeff

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:I'm thinking about this too much.  I'm going to screw something up and will wind up having to replace something!!

Time to stop thinking and just enjoy.

Jeff

This...
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top