Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:38:50 PM EDT
Here are the first pics of a MGI project that I have had Marty working on since October.  He loves me for it - I know it!!!  Still have to finish the chop mod on the A2 stock.  Did not get the drop down 5" YHM rail with the bipod on it for the pics.  Did not get the .338 Spectre barrel in the pics, but this will do for now.  Note - railed out the HG extension of MGI, used long 1/2 risers to attach it to the carbine length MGI HG and mounted laser, surefire, pressurepads/grips, and YHM flip up to this.  It all comes off for the M4 barrel and I can slap on the forward grip.  Hey - I like it.

M4 w/Vortex and FG

HG Extension (MGI) with parts we screwed to it from YHM

.458 16" (still needs to be parked) - note the cool brake - thanks Marty

2 of the .204 Ruger (love the Larue mounts for changing optics)

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Why the mungo 3 and 9 o'clokc rails?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks like a sweet setup there.  What type of flip front sight are you usinghat       One heck of a brake on the one barrel too, looks like a mini howitzer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
The MGI comes with a Carbine length HG.  To use the HG extension (which is a friction fit and does not stay on very well when wielding the weapon) we used the rail risers to cowitness rails that we added to the HG extension.  They are not as wide as it seems.  Plus the operator of the firearm has large hands and it works out well.  

The other option that we looked at was to put longer rails (3/4) longer on the sides of the Carbine HG as so they hung over the front end and when the HG extension was slipped on we could insert some thumb screws.  But this was found to be not as sturdy.

Calibers:  5.56, .458 SOCOM (mega brake), .204 Ruger (20" barrel), not pictured - .338 SPECTRE.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top