Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:40:20 PM EST
What's the story on the MGI adjustable gas tubes? I've been kickin around the idea of using one with a PRI or a La Rue gas tap w/ the adjustable gas tube instead of a JP adjustable gas block. Do they take a screw driver or an allen wrench to adjust them? Do they tend to stay adjusted once they are set?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:10:09 AM EST
Uses a allen screw for an adjuster. You need to drill an access hole in the top of the float tube. It can really help a car with a can. My 18" rifle length gets away without.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:29:05 AM EST
I have an upper that has worn out 2 barrels using the same MGI tube. The adjustment has never changed in 12+ years and the uppers have always worked flawlessly. Mine adjusts with an Allen type wrench. Charles the Gunsmith.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:28:56 PM EST
Top Top