Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/3/2006 4:11:37 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with these?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:12:22 PM EDT
MY GOD USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION MY FRIEND

There should be PLENTY of posts about the MGI system, I have one and i absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:13:13 PM EDT
And after reading reviews of the system I will have one soon

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:20:09 PM EDT
you know I did use "search" and forgot to post a reply......so so sorry to have wasted your membership time. You know from time to time, I get so fed up with response from the team members on here. You ask a question and it is like....duh, der.....Maybe just look and then move on but: MY GOD USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION MY FRIEND, I think is a little uncalled for. Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:59:21 AM EDT
personally i dont think that youy are looking at things in the right perspective. Sure not everyone is cheery all the time (and dont think its just team members i just became one last night) You get the information you need and its not candy coated. I could see maybe if i had truly insulted you but i dont not feel that i did but if you feel so i appologize.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:24:50 AM EDT
Well thankfully I "personally" do not get many replies like that, but I have seen many, many people that have. Mostly it is replies to the new guys, just a few years ago I knew nothing about AR-15's...now I own 3 and was thinking of a 4th.

I always think of the old saying, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". However many people feel they have to put in their two cents and I have seen it be quite negative. Wouldn't it be easier to just do a search and cut & paste it, then put something like "I got this from using the search function for MGI or whatever you used. This way they get the message and they also learn something and/or get the picture.

Or if you are tired of reading posts like that, you are tired of people asking the same questions, etc...then moving on and not replying would be the better option don't ya think? Once again just my .02 and it wasn't that is was "Insulting", but you could hear the "Frustration" in the comment and I was wondering where does that come from?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:29:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 2:04:28 PM EDT by twl]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:28:35 PM EDT
Actually I am currently conversing with you through email and yes you have answered all of my questions very well, Thank you. All I was trying to do was hopefully prove a point to someone. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 1:45:05 PM EDT by Matt_B]

Originally Posted By edblevi:
I always think of the old saying, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". However many people feel they have to put in their two cents and I have seen it be quite negative.

rebel102285 didn't say anything negative. It's simple - Search First, Ask Questions Later. If you can learn that you will get along here much better.

Wouldn't it be easier to just do a search and cut & paste it, then put something like "I got this from using the search function for MGI or whatever you used. This way they get the message and they also learn something and/or get the picture.
That is just someone else doing the legwork for you and you will learn so much more if you do the research yourself. The $24 a Bronze level membership costs for this site is worth it's weight in gold. The Archive has posts going back at least 5 yrs (that's the farthest I have gone back to). I never ceased to be amazed at the wealth of information I find in the Archive.

Or if you are tired of reading posts like that, you are tired of people asking the same questions, etc...then moving on and not replying would be the better option don't ya think? Once again just my .02 and it wasn't that is was "Insulting", but you could hear the "Frustration" in the comment and I was wondering where does that come from?
Your post title is ambiguous. Anyone that owns or is interested in owning a MGI CQB upper will look at it (as I did). There are a plethora of posts every single day in which people ask questions that have been asked a million times, often very recently. People that are new to the site don't always know about or how to use the search function but, once they do, they can save a whole of time and effort by searching for answers to their questions before raising issues that, in some cases, have been done to death.

If you have done a search already, then it would behoove you to mention this in your post (e.g. "I did a search and found nothing" or "I did a search and wasn't able to get answers to all my questions.".). It's all about communication. The better you can communicate, the better the response you will get.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:42:56 PM EDT
??? good lord, I have more important things to do in my life than right paragraph after paragraph. Like I said I did do a search later and forgot to come back, you people...jeez
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:02:28 AM EDT

??? good lord, I have more important things to do in my life than right paragraph after paragraph. Like I said I did do a search later and forgot to come back, you people...jeez

well maybe i find the "good lord" and the "jeez" comments offending i think you have found the information u need so there is no need for this thread to continue.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:27:02 AM EDT

I'll remember that the next time you ask a question that requires more than a one word answer. Do unto others.....well, you should know the rest.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:36:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:51:10 AM EDT
Well you didn't find this comment offending?: MY GOD USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION MY FRIEND
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:35:19 PM EDT

Well you didn't find this comment offending?: MY GOD USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION MY FRIEND

No, particularly when this type of posts requesting information that is easliy found with a simple search are too numerous to count. You should listen to the advice Matt_B posted. There is also an Industry Forum, it just a click away.

Now, I will return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:13:45 PM EDT
When did the entire world decide to get so thin skinned? If I see a post that covers a hashed over topic I either skip right over it, and somehow manage to cope with the incredible stress of having to share the internet with someone less learned than I am, or scan through it ,and almost always pick up some heretofore unknown bit of knowledge. We could also consider a new post of an old question as a new member seeking knowledge, or at least opinions. If someone posts a question that has been covered perhaps a gentle suggestion to how to use the search function and a few tips would go a long way. We were all green once. All of us. Being offensive, or so eager to be offended, serves no one any good.....and with that I am off to pet the dog, who is excellent company.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:33:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FoxtrotTango:
When did the entire world decide to get so thin skinned? If I see a post that covers a hashed over topic I either skip right over it, and somehow manage to cope with the incredible stress of having to share the internet with someone less learned than I am, or scan through it ,and almost always pick up some heretofore unknown bit of knowledge. We could also consider a new post of an old question as a new member seeking knowledge, or at least opinions. If someone posts a question that has been covered perhaps a gentle suggestion to how to use the search function and a few tips would go a long way. We were all green once. All of us. Being offensive, or so eager to be offended, serves no one any good.....and with that I am off to pet the dog, who is excellent company.

you make some very good points, i however still dont think i was being offensive. I mean if i had called him some vulger name or something sure but i said "my friend" like fellow arf.comer
Top Top