Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:39:00 AM EDT
I'm kind of intrigued with the idea of an AR lower that can accept AK-47 magazines.

See here:  http://www.mgimilitary.com/Lower_Receiver_Mult_Mag_Wells.htm

Has anybody actually seen one of these and have any experience with them or any other MGI product?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know a price?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I've beem waiting for information on these but I am really concerned about how much abuse that lower can take... something about it just doesnt feel right.

I hope I get to handle one soon.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's a two page thread from Uzitalk.com.

www.uzitalk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17191
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link.  All I can say is "Holy crap that's a lot of options!"

Glad to see the modularity of the AR platform is still expanding.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Your welcome.  If they can deliver on the belt fed option they'll have a lot of folks lined up to buy them.  I'm a little disappointed in the mods required for a RDIAS, but like the man said, it is what it is.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a MGI modular lower and QCB upper.   It is as rugged and reliable as either of the other 2 AR's I own, both of conventional design.  With the 16" Bushmaster barrel it outshoots my standard CAR.  I have beat the heck out of mine, and it keeps ticking.  I also shoot 458 SOCOM through it.  Now that round does kick a bit, yet the upper and lower are no worse for wear.   I like it so much I'm planning on getting a second upper, and the .308 conversion for it.  Probably going to sell off my other AR's.

I'd attach pictures, but I'm deployed right now supporting training.  

The guys who run the company, the Gwinns, are some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable folks in the business.

For more info on this, use this link:  More info on the MGI Upper and Lower.

Tom Lyons is their rep, and he's a hell of a good guy.  I'm sure he'll be posting here shortly with specifics.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The guys who run the company, the Gwinns, are some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable folks in the business.

For more info on this, use this link:  More info on the MGI Upper and Lower.

Tom Lyons is their rep, and he's a hell of a good guy.  I'm sure he'll be posting here shortly with specifics.

Hope this helps.

+1

I plan on getting one when I have some extra $$
I have the MGI upper and RRB. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#8]
MGI has some great stuff and was one of the companies that I was really looking forward to looking at their stuff at shot and they didnt dissappoint.  I need to get a complete system and keep adding mag well adapters when they come out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top