Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2004 3:45:55 PM EDT
i have never ordered any lowers or complete firearms on-line; don't really know all of the steps

how does this FFL thing i've been hearing about work like?

How do I place an order w/ them?

anyone here know what payment method is recommended?

i'm in MS, do i need to include tax?

any other tips/ advice/ or unasked questions that you have an answer too appreciated

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:05:04 PM EDT
1) Find several licensed dealers near you. Search the yellow pages, you'll find a bunch between pawn brokers and guns
2) Call each one and ask "how much do you charge PER gun for an FFL transfer?" If they don't know what that is, hang up.
3) SHOP AROUND...no such thing as "the going rate around here". In my town I've been quoted as high as $65.00 and as low as $15.00 per gun. Some dealers do bundle deals. There is nothing special about a transfer, so other than being honest, service doesn't really play in here, although I would encourage you to support your local dealer when you find a good one.
4) Once you find one and agree on the price for what you are transferring (be sure to tell them what kind of gun or receiver it is when getting a quote) either ask them to send a signed copy of their FFL to the place you will be buying from or drive by and get a copy or drive by and give them a stamped envelope. Some dealers have preferences as to how to handle it.
5) Once the seller has a signed copy of your FFL Dealer paperwork, you will place your order and pay the seller (not your FFL dealer) for your item.
6) Seller will ship item to your FFL
7) FFL Dealer will transfer the gun to you (after you pay them their transfer fee) in accordance with your local laws.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:19:21 PM EDT
I'm not an authority on this, but I believe it's like this: You need to find a dealer to receive and transfer the firearm or lower receiver, they usually charge for this somewhere between about $20 to a lot more with scum bag dealers. You can't just receive a firearm in the mail, a licensed dealer must accept it and transfer it to you. You can find your own or a lot of places that ship a lot will have a list of FFL'S in your area that will do it for you. You won't have to pay taxes unless you buy something from your own state. As far as payment, whatever, money order, credit card...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:21:14 PM EDT
Tax is applicable on the transfer fee, but you arent buying the weapon from your dealer, you are buying it out of state. Don't EVER pay tax on the weapon, thats a scam.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:22:44 PM EDT
thanks yall for the help!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:51:07 PM EDT
I just ordered 2 mega lowers today from carrico'z
Top Top