Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 9:41:00 PM EDT
My MBT trigger came and the hammer pin is already in the hammer.

How in God's name do I get it out?  Looks like a J-spring and I'm sure I'll feel like a dummy when I find out, but I don't see any obvious way to get it out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:45:42 PM EDT
Lol, nevermind. Confirmed dummy.  You hit it with a hammer and knock it out, lol.  For some reason I had it in my head that there was some trick and the hammer pin was "locked" in there..
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2017 12:06:54 PM EDT by KonsKripteD]
I did the exact same thing when I got my first MBT
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:40:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2017 12:41:23 PM EDT by JamesYahaya]
Not trying to be a dick but why would you ever need to remove the j spring?  I'm sure there is a good reason, I have just never had a reason to remove one.  Hell I usually never remove my triggers once installed.

edit:  I'm a dumb ass. I see you are talking about the pin not the j spring lol.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:39:32 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JamesYahaya:
Not trying to be a dick but why would you ever need to remove the j spring?  I'm sure there is a good reason, I have just never had a reason to remove one.  Hell I usually never remove my triggers once installed.

edit:  I'm a dumb ass. I see you are talking about the pin not the j spring lol.
View Quote
Yeah, the j-spring thig was a red herring, I was being daft and thought that's why I couldn't get the hammer pin.  I've put in 3 normal triggers but had never noticed or used one with a j-spring.

Trigger is awesome.  Pull isn't as light as I thought it'd be but it's 100% crisp, perfect 1st and second stages.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:25:12 PM EDT
Still waiting on my MBT to be delivered.  Got a new lower all built just waiting for the trigger.
Top Top