Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 1:08:23 PM EDT
Well i got a few question on sighting in A set of MA Tech Buis
1.  Sighting in at 25meters means its sighted in for 300 also? right?
2. If its sighted in for 300 meters, is it goin to be sighted in automaticly at200, 400, 450, 500, 550, and 600?
3.  Any thing under 25 meters, do you keep it at the 300 mark for the 25 meters or turn it down to 200.  
3a.  At the 200 Mark, is that 200 meters and everything under?

I know i few guys on here that have Ma Techs, so can i get some help?

And to the guys that i know are gonna come in here bitchin that its mil. buis only,  already herd it.  Dont care.  Dont come in here.  I am just looking for advice on sight in.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
come on   no help??
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well i got a few question on sighting in A set of MA Tech Buis
1.  Sighting in at 25meters means its sighted in for 300 also? right?
2. If its sighted in for 300 meters, is it goin to be sighted in automaticly at200, 400, 450, 500, 550, and 600?
3.  Any thing under 25 meters, do you keep it at the 300 mark for the 25 meters or turn it down to 200.  
3a.  At the 200 Mark, is that 200 meters and everything under?

I know i few guys on here that have Ma Techs, so can i get some help?

And to the guys that i know are gonna come in here bitchin that its mil. buis only,  already herd it.  Dont care.  Dont come in here.  I am just looking for advice on sight in.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes (obviously if your target is really close you need to account for the sights being so far above the bore on an AR-15)
3a. I'd suggest sighting in at 200 as under the improved battlesight zero method, that way you can just set it at 200 for anything < 200 and know that you'll be minute-of-head :)

At least, all that is what we do in my unit, YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and give us our sights back!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
what unit you with, you deployed? jw, my dad just came back.  thank you for your service sir
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]
whats the site for the improved battlesight zero method.  

seen one site for the IBZ

50/200

50 meters=200meters???

but will the BDC on the ma tech still work ???
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:47:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I was under the impression that the MATEC if zeroed IAW the mfgrs instruction that came with the sight, would be zeroed equivalent to the IBSZ. We discussed this same topic not to long ago and it makes sense to me, that’s why the MATEC utilizes range adjustments.

Don't have time to search, but I believe FM3-22.9 also has MATEC zero instructions.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:47:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd say use the instructions from the TM that is posted above, then use the 200m or 300m mark for close shots, see what works best for you.  The BDC will be on if you zero at 25m/300m for sure.

I'm with the 2/130th Infantry (Air Assault), but my company is currently working as an attachment to the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force.hug.gif

Enjoy the sight, I wish more were available for civilian consumption.  I REALLY like mine and would be pretty happy if they just handed them to us when we're done over here.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top