Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 5:44:29 AM EDT
After reading through all of the information here, I still have a few unanswered questions about the
M855PD.

1. The ammo I have seen has mixed year brass. Does this mean that each year represents different lots, or is it all one lot manufactured with brass from different years? The point being, should I sort this ammo into lots by headstamp for more consistency?

2. Are different retailers selling better quality lots of this ammo, or is it all the same no matter where you buy it? Seems that some folks are getting lots with few rejects and others are getting more. Just the luck of the draw?

3. Seems that most of the defects being culled are visual flaws. Dents, crushed case mouths, etc...
Is there any point in weighing each round to look for light powder charges? What would be an acceptable weight range for a loaded round? A few grains either way?

Obviously this kind of sorting would be time consuming, but I have no problem doing it, so it is not an issue.

Thanks,

1Devildog
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
the PD is pretty much the same everywhere it's really just luck of the draw.  I don't think you need to weight each round but I would go through every round to check for split necks or rececsed primers ect..  The small dents are no big deal and are pretty much the norm on all PD ammo.  I like PD ammo and it's very good as long as you find the bad ones.

Goiod luck and Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Who has the best prices on PD?  I was looking at Ammoman's site and its like 22 cents a round.  Meanwhile Guat 5.56 is 17 cents a round and Adcom is 18 cents a round.  Speaking of Adcom, how is the quality?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top