Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2007 6:14:21 PM EDT
If anyone can provide a link to the above subject it would be appreciated.  I found this issue on Quarterbore that was written by an AR15.com member "Compuvette".  

http://www.quarterbore.com/kac/m5rasdissipator.htm

I have his problem with the installation and would like to see what he did to solve it, as I really do not want to sell the M5.  If anyone can help with this matter it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That says he used a dremel on the gas block.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Not the gas block, but the RAS itself.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 5:02:37 AM EDT
[#3]
still awaiting any help that can be provided, the Quarterbore article is extremely slim on details.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I would ink up the gas block, install the RAS, then see where the ink contacts the inner surface of the RAS. I would then shave down the gas block to relieve these contact points. It'll be a lot easier to sell your M5 later if it isn't cut up.

Or, you can just get a low profile gas block from Larue Tactical, PRI, Vltor, etc. The hardest part of replacing the gas block is removing the taper pins on the front sight assembly, but if you have the right punch and some scrap wood to support the barrel it takes all of 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would ink up the gas block, install the RAS, then see where the ink contacts the inner surface of the RAS. I would then shave down the gas block to relieve these contact points. It'll be a lot easier to sell your M5 later if it isn't cut up.

Or, you can just get a low profile gas block from Larue Tactical, PRI, Vltor, etc. The hardest part of replacing the gas block is removing the taper pins on the front sight assembly, but if you have the right punch and some scrap wood to support the barrel it takes all of 10 minutes.

+1

Don't mess with the M5. Either try to trim down the Gas Block more or Get a New Low Profile one.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for the advice.  I looked at the M5 again and there is no way to trim the HG itself without compromising the integrity of the frame.  I guess it is dremel time.
Thanks again
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top