Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2005 9:34:29 AM EDT
I have a buddy that wants to build a M4gery using his Bushy lower (Pre '94 if it matters). The question is: Will a Colt LE upper assembly and a Colt M4 stock fit directly on the Bushy lower? I remember reading something about Colt and Bushy buffer tubes or stocks being a little different. Anyone think of anything else we should consider?

Thanks,
GK
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:12:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:26:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 10:27:23 AM EDT by theshootersden]

Originally Posted By ar556223:
I have a buddy that wants to build a M4gery using his Bushy lower (Pre '94 if it matters). The question is: Will a Colt LE upper assembly and a Colt M4 stock fit directly on the Bushy lower? I remember reading something about Colt and Bushy buffer tubes or stocks being a little different. Anyone think of anything else we should consider?

Thanks,
GK

Nothing to consider, go for it
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:15:40 PM EDT
Thanks for the comments, guys.
I remember reading something, maybe in the collapsable stock thread about "milspec" buffer tubes, Colt and aftermarket stocks and interchangeability.
Does anyone have any idea WTF I am talking about
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:33:56 PM EDT
You are referring to the COLT collapsible stock buffer tube... The tubes O.D is different than aftermarket stocks... I believe that the CMT buffer tubes are the same size as COLTS...

What this means is, You can not remove a COLT plastic collapsible (carbine) stock off of a COLT buffer tube and then slide it onto a Bushmaster collapsible stock (carbine) buffer tube, it wont fit, the tubes are different diameters...

It has to be paired as,

COLT carbine buffer tube + COLT carbine stock

.. OR ..

Bushmaster carbine buffer tube + Bushmaster carbine stock

You cant mix and match...

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:48:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ar556223:
Thanks for the comments, guys.
I remember reading something, maybe in the collapsable stock thread about "milspec" buffer tubes, Colt and aftermarket stocks and interchangeability.
Does anyone have any idea WTF I am talking about

What they said is true, in addition:

Colt, LMT, Stag Arms/ CMT and Vltor tubes are Mil-Spec and are interchangeable with the noted brand's stocks.

Commercial brands stocks are not compatible with Mil-Spec buffer tubes.
Top Top