Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2004 4:37:41 PM EST
It still needs an Aimpoint, a rear BUIS (in the mail), a sling (also in the mail), a Daniel Defense handguard, a Magpul M93B, a SureFire 9v combat light, a bayonet , and an ITT NQ PVS14 and the list goes on. . . (What did I forget? A supressor maybe?)

But, at least I've got it together. I took it to the range this afternoon and it functioned flawlessly. Here's what I've got in it:

Lower - Rock River (not impressed with the finish, but this ain't no safe queen!)
Complete Upper - LMT (16" 1:7 twist, less bolt/carrier group, charging handle)
Charging handle and Bolt/carrier group - Olyarms (carry overs from a previous build)
Lower parts kit - Rock River (missing the 3/32" roll pin for the bolt release )
Trigger - Rock River NM two stage (SWEET!! Easier to assemble than the standard with disconnector)
Stock - Rock River 6 pos CAR (OK but I wish I could've got that M93 )
Rear BUIS - GG&G A2 folding (On order from Quantico Arms)
Sling and single point mount - CQB MOUT and Daniel Defense mount (On order from G&R)

So here's the pics:

Sorry the pics didn't come out so clear.

-YJ
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:39:38 PM EST
Nice job!

Looks very similar to one I built last month.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:43:27 PM EST
Thank you, Minuteman
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:51:26 PM EST
Nice! So, how well did the LMT upper and RRA lower go together?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:11:06 PM EST
Good job nice rifle. edit the S#.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:49:32 PM EST
Looks great!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:39:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By Vinh:
Nice! So, how well did the LMT upper and RRA lower go together?

This was my biggest concern, but they fit perfectly. Not too tight, not too loose. Someone building a NM rifle may have wanted a tighter fit but once the two are pinned together there's no movement. And the pins aren't too hard to push out. I can start the pin moving with my finger, but to get it to come out I have to use a gentle push with a pin. IMHO it's just about perfect. Frankly I'm impressed that I had no trouble using parts from three separate companies. Now I just have to dress it up a bit.

-YJ
Top Top