Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 5:37:41 PM EDT
It still needs an Aimpoint, a rear BUIS (in the mail), a sling (also in the mail), a Daniel Defense handguard, a Magpul M93B, a SureFire 9v combat light, a bayonet , and an ITT NQ PVS14 and the list goes on. . . (What did I forget?  A supressor maybe?)

But, at least I've got it together.  I took it to the range this afternoon and it functioned flawlessly.  Here's what I've got in it:

Lower - Rock River (not impressed with the finish, but this ain't no safe queen!)
Complete Upper - LMT (16" 1:7 twist, less bolt/carrier group, charging handle)
Charging handle and Bolt/carrier group - Olyarms (carry overs from a previous build)
Lower parts kit - Rock River (missing the 3/32" roll pin for the bolt release )
Trigger - Rock River NM two stage (SWEET!! Easier to assemble than the standard with disconnector)
Stock - Rock River 6 pos CAR (OK but I wish I could've got that M93 )
Rear BUIS - GG&G A2 folding (On order from Quantico Arms)
Sling and single point mount - CQB MOUT and Daniel Defense mount (On order from G&R)

So here's the pics:

Sorry the pics didn't come out so clear.  

-YJ
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice job!

Looks very similar to one I built last month.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, Minuteman
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice! So, how well did the LMT upper and RRA lower go together?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Good job nice rifle. edit the S#.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice! So, how well did the LMT upper and RRA lower go together?

This was my biggest concern, but they fit perfectly.  Not too tight, not too loose.  Someone building a NM rifle may have wanted a tighter fit but once the two are pinned together there's no movement.  And the pins aren't too hard to push out.  I can start the pin moving with my finger, but to get it to come out I have to use a gentle push with a pin.  IMHO it's just about perfect.  Frankly I'm impressed that I had no trouble using parts from three separate companies.  Now I just have to dress it up a bit.

-YJ
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top