Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2003 11:21:16 AM EDT
At this time I am puting together an M4 with#40 iron sights and an eotech. After seeing several
pictures of AR's with all kinds of gadgets mounted to it. Could I mount a scope above the eotech sight plain and have it be functional and not some kind of a hack job? The eotech says it is also compatible with night vision.
What kind of a device works with that and how is it mounted?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
well you could do that if you don't mind having a blind spot when you use your eotech, the NV device would be a non magnified monocular that mounts on the rail in front of the eotech
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It would have to be behind the EOtech not in front as the poster above me stated.

No you cant have a scope and it not be a hack job.  If you want to stack some optics put a DrOptic above an ACOG or better yet get a BAC ACOG and have a close range and magnified optic in one.

If you can afford the $2500-4000 for the night vision I simply suggest two rifles.  One as a close to med range with ACOG and one for CQB with an EOtech.  The PVS14 will fit behind the Eotech (you gotta leave room) or in front of the ACOG.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#3]
i meant in front as in between the eye and the eotech
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Well....... we new the Night Vision was a stretch, but I still had to know. Am I being short sided by my lack of optical gadgetry
by focusing on the eotech, or should I check out some other products for a 200 meter weapon??
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
You dont need magnification for a 200m combat rifle.  If you want it for better target ID and extending your range get a TA31 or TA11.  If not get an Aimpoint or EOtech.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
As I see it, next years weapon will be a longer range setup . First things first.
Thanks Devl
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#7]
With a flat-top upper get a CQB optic (eotech, aimpoint or whatever floats your boat) with a quick detach mount and get a scope with a quick detach mount.  Depending on the chore you can use one rifle and have the flexibility to use that rifle as a CQB weapon or to take longer shots.  Some folks approach this by using the ACOG option as Devl mentioned.

You get what you pay for with optics, save your cash and get quality optics.  I would rather have one quality optic then two cheap optics.  My rule of thumb is to minimize the amount of crap on the rifle, simplicity is best.  Since I don't know a damn thing about night vision gear all I can't comment.  

It sounds like you have some research to do either way.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top