Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 1:47:08 PM EDT
Does anyone else have a Colt-style M4 side sling adapter? Does yours rattle? I just picked one up at a gun show today, was sold to me "as is" (can't tell it it's been installed on someone elses rifle) but when installed on my RRA M4gery 16" barrel at the front sight, there's extra space between the adapter clamp and the barrel. I thought it would be a solid tight fit once I tapped the roll pins in place, but I can't see any other way to install it. If this slightly loose fit is normal, could someone let me know?

If not, and I have a bum part, what can I do to make it fit tighter?

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Try flipping the back around. One side is for skinny, one for fat barrels.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has a little rattle, didn't at first, but I guess the heat/cooling loosened it up a little.

I have the type that is steel only will fit a heavy barrel, no flip side on the bracket.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is a BUSHMASTER aluminum side sling mount, and yes it also rattles! I guess if you really want a snug fit, maybe you can try to fabricate an oversized clamp to replace the existing one.
Am thinking of disposing mine and just tie the sling to the sight tower!
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it!

Trimmed a strip from a Diet Coke can about .5" wide and 1" long. Stuck it under the clamp and tapped the roll pins back in. Now it's nice and tight.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Brian
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top