Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:24:33 PM EDT
Has anyone seen this BUIS for sale?  We converted to M4's and this is pretty slick.  I like it better than the A2 style and would like to put it on my personal M4gry.

M4BUIS
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response Mike.  I really like the 25M zero line and then the idiot proof range set.  I haven't had the chance to see how accurate it is, but it appears easier to set the range than the A2 style.  I have been in low light situations and had a hard time reading the A2 dial.  
Kevin
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a guy on ebay selling these I forget the name of the sight but the company sells to mil and law enforcement only . Good luck
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Good catch Sig.  I will probably have to bid....  I noticed he had Matech (with a manual showing an NSN behind it in the picture) and Cortec...  
kp
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on my AR. It's a good sight and aligns with my Aimpoint. If you want to order it through the supply system the NSN is 1005-01-484-8000.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I found it on ebay (per Sig's guidance)and purchased it for $59.00 plus shipping.  The pic on ebay shows the BUIS laying on the installation instructions with the NSN visable, so I assumed it's the same one thats on our M4's.  I don't think I can order a personal BUIS through our supply system, hence the question here.  I just want the same setup on my personal rifle as on my "work" rifle!  Thanks for the input, and when I receive the BUIS I will post my thoughts as to whether it's the same site....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#7]
If one of those Maytech sights is being sold for $59., there are things to consider. Bad side-Stolen, or a chineese airsoft pot metal knock off.                                                                                Good side-Someone found out they only have one aperture (long distance small aperture only) thus not the best for QCB, and want to get rid of it.
There are much better sights, and they have dual apertures. An aperture that starts at 250 meters and goes up to 600 like the Maytech, is not very helpfull on an M4 type carbine and or the distances most can find places to shoot that far at, do to terain, and or ranges.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#9]
The 40L over the 40 as it has all the best features I like. It locks down so it can't deploy by getting cought on anything. fast to peploy and if hit, automaticaly goes back into battery, has both A2 apertures hole sizes or same plain (if you must). There is no rotation shift like on the A2 leaf shape, when rotating to different aperture size. If you only want a large CQB aperture, then you can remove the small one, cant't do that with the others.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#11]
All good points on the rear BUIS, and I appreciate it.  But, the only purpose for having an M4 type setup in my safe is to mimic my issue rifle.  I have dual apature rear BUIS that works great, but it's different than my new "company" gun (so I'll have a BU-BUIS in the rifle case).  I just want to be sure I'm not fumbling around with levers and buttons when I really need them.  When I'm not deployed, I get to shoot the M16/M9 2x per year.  I pull my personal weapons out once a week on average.  The $59 (most likely pot steel) ebay MATECH BUIS is the only source I could find.  I just hope it doesn't break before I get it on the gun!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
All good points on the rear BUIS, and I appreciate it.  But, the only purpose for having an M4 type setup in my safe is to mimic my issue rifle.  I have dual apature rear BUIS that works great, but it's different than my new "company" gun (so I'll have a BU-BUIS in the rifle case).  I just want to be sure I'm not fumbling around with levers and buttons when I really need them.  When I'm not deployed, I get to shoot the M16/M9 2x per year.  I pull my personal weapons out once a week on average.  The $59 (most likely pot steel) ebay MATECH BUIS is the only source I could find.  I just hope it doesn't break before I get it on the gun!  

i got one form there. It looks like the real deal to me. Very sturdy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I have seen them for sale before, most notably at a table at Gunstock 2003.

Like Lee said--too much function for a BUIS. I like the Troy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I see people on ebay selling the Matech and the Cortec one. Who is Cortec ? is tha ta knock off ? both buis look alike though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I see people on ebay selling the Matech and the Cortec one. Who is Cortec ? is tha ta knock off ? both buis look alike though.

The seller told me it was the same item.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The seller told me it was the same item.....

yeah I'm thinking of getting another one. just wondering. thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top