Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2005 8:04:01 PM EDT
I am considering an upper for a lightweight build.  I think the weight differnece between the two barrels (16") is about 4 ounces or so.  Can anyone that has handled both tell me if there is any noticable difference in the weight (given that it is all forward)?  Also, would the M4 barrel retain its accuracy better in rapid fire, even though it is light under the handguards?  

There must be a reason government profile barrels are heavier forward of the FSB, but I am not sure what it is.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
i own both and there will be slight accuracy differences with heat but most wont notice that much.

weight is very noticeable and i could easily distinguish between the two blind folded.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i own both and there will be slight accuracy differences with heat but most wont notice that much.

weight is very noticeable and i could easily distinguish between the two blind folded.

I'll second this about the weight part, you really can tell a difference. I have only put a few rounds thru the superlight and cannot attest to it's ability to maintain accuracy/zero when hot, but so far (about 120 rnds, slow fire)the barrel seems to be pretty accurate. I like it!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the lightweights.  They are noticably lighter and I notice no accuracy issues.  I don't have much use for a 16" m4 barrel, it has the look but not really.  Just my opinion.  What I really prefer is a 16" heavy under the handguard pencil barrel.  I have a 1/12 and that is a favorite.  I don't know if anyone makes them still but I run across them now and again for about $75 used.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 on both comments.  The SLW (standard A1 profile) is by far my favorite.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top