Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2003 9:19:11 AM EDT
Hey, everyone,

I'm new here and just ordered a Colt M4 and the scope listed above.

Does anyone have experience with the two matched or just the scope? Are there any good reviews of this rifle/scope/and/or combination thereof?

Can't seem to find a good review on the M4.

It seems from my conversation from the dealer and my research, the civillian M4 has a removable handle that exposes a Picatinny-style flat mount for the scope. Is that true. I read that users actually prefer to mount their scopes on the flat top. What does everybody think about that.

I'm pretty excited about this combination--it seemed very badass to me.

I had a pre-ban, triangular-shaped handguard AR-15 my dad gave me, but unfortunately, and unwisely, sold it for $1,000 a few years back.

I do miss that puppy.

Thanks in advance,

David Matthews

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!
The M4, or as we generally say "M4gery", are VERY popular here, although they are basically a regular AR/CAR with the M203 profile barrel. The majority of M4geries have the A3/A4 flat-top upper receiver, but they do/can be found with the A2 upper, and some of us even have the early C8 style with the A1/C7 upper receiver. The M4gery is also the popular platform to trick out with a bunch of high speed, low drag, accessories.[:D]
As for the Lupy, I'll let you read some of the reviews yourself;[url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=147606]LEUPOLD MARK CQ/T????[/url]

ed; Here's a picture thread, so you know what you got yourself into.[;)]
[url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=161556]Please Post some Pictures here of some Maxed Out M4's?[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt M4 is very nice - the Leopold CQ/T is lacking IMHO.  Maybe as a $400 scope.. but even at the reduced price of $600 I think its overpriced.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top