Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2002 1:16:03 AM EDT
Does anybody here has a user list of the M4 and/or M16? Regular armys and especially special forces! Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 1:23:01 AM EDT
[#1]
My Army unit uses the Colt M4 and most Army units use FN M16s but my battalion is 100% Colt M16s. I checked every arms room.

My unit is an MLRS (Rockets) Field Artillery unit.

Not a complete list but I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:00:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks OP4 but I thought more of other countries and their armys and SF.

I now that there are a lot that use the M16 system but I can't name them all. A nearly complete list would be fine :-)
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 2:29:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Here in Macedonia I see alot of soldiers from other countires. So far the only M16 series of rifles being used by other countires are the Dutch and Danish, they use the Canadian C7 rifles. A2 lower with A1 upper receiver.

I know the Israelis use M16A1s and alot of short barrel versions of the A1.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:26:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The only thing I can add to this discussion is that Taiwan also uses an AR derivative. Seems I remember the handguards being skinnier on theirs, though could be senility kicking in.

Adam
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:40:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, North Korean special forces commandos are using Chinese made AR15s so they can use our ammo in the event of war.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey OP4,

are you in or from Germany? Your name sounds English/American. You are the first I see that also comes from "DEU" :)
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I am in the US Army stationed in Bamberg, Germany but currently on a peacekeeping mission in Macedonia as part of KFOR.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#8]
You can find the rather extensive list here in the FAQ:

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/ar15faq.msnw
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top