Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 4:27:59 PM EDT
I just picked up a M4 barrel and heard that I need an upper with special M4 feed ramps machined in. Is this true?

Does the RRA upper have this feature? (This is the upper I'm planning on purchasing)

Also, does the RRA upper have the etched T markings?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:29:44 PM EDT
Dunno if RRA Does this or not, but yes they do have T marked uppers, this one has something that resembles M-4 cuts but dont think they are the real thing.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:25:40 PM EDT
RRA does not have factory extended ramps. They are Dremeled in after assembly. If you have a Dremeled RRA barrel, chances are it is a one of a kind part and even a receiver with factory extended ramps will probably not work without some tweaking to the barrel extension.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:24:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:05:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By repub18:


Perfect! Thank you, that is exactly what I am looking for!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:40:16 PM EDT
And looking at the differences between the actual barrel extensions will probably also help to make it more clear to everyone what we are speaking of...

I did some measurements a few weeks ago as well.
M4 ramps are about 37 to 38 degrees.
Standard ramps were 45 to 46 degrees.

Randall Rausch

Top Top