Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 11:02:50 AM EDT
Im curious. Is not an M4 ramp an integral part of the bbl.? Are there modifications to the upper reciever in any way? I was unaware of the upper being modified in any way to facilitate an M4 bbl. application. Can someone clarify this for me?? Also I like picshat
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
But we still dont know who can add dremeled feed ramp cuts to an uper with no extended feed ramps.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
But we still dont know who can add dremeled feed ramp cuts to an uper with no extended feed ramps.

Anyone with anything resembling mechanical ability, a dremel, and the dremel chainsaw sharpening bit(s) can add extended feed ramps to their rifle in about 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
As DevL said.....anyone.

If you have enough faith in yourself w/a Dremel......that's pretty much all you need.

Most gunsmiths will charge you an arm, and a leg for work like that.

Just try it yourself...its not that hard.....or send it to me, and I'll hack it up for gunsmith rates.....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Dremel feed ramps!  Not even Wile E. Coyote, himself, the founder of the Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithing (WECSOG) would do that!!

Edited to add:

I envision a Dremel bouncing wildly inside an upper receiver every time I think about this.

I extended feed ramps on one barrel extension, and I did it with the barrel outside the receiver.  The receiver already had the ramps from the factory and I would test fit the barrel until I had the exact ramp that was needed.  I used an authentic Colt M4 barrel as a model to form my ramps to the right angle, length, etc.  It was my first and to date my last, it wasn't perfect, but it was close.  Function is perfect, but I really didn't have anything to compare it to prior, as this was a new build.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I HAVE had a bullet tip stick on the edge of the feed ramp once.  It was an OTM bullet and a bad mag.  If someone could show me a nice pic of their dremeled feed ramp Id gladly let them remove enough material that such a malfunction would not happen again.

I DO NOT trust myself with a dremel tool.  My first cut down KAC panel was horrible.  If I had a barrel and reciever to practice on the first go around I might try this but I dont want to try to hunt down another 14.5" 1/7 Bushmaster barrel and flattop, have to buy a new Bilock to have welded on, reinstall the front sight and FF RAS, etc if I screw up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top