Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 2:01:46 PM EDT
I've got my LE M4 ordered and ready to ship once the ban lifts but I still need to order optics, not sure what I want and I'm hoping some of you can help me with the decision.
Choices I'm considering:

Aimpoint ML2
EOTech 512.A65 REV F

Any other's I should consider? And Pro's/Con's of each from your experience.
Thanx in advance
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you

Edit: going with the EOTech
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Good and cheap:

I got a Bushnell variable reticle red dot. Love it. Want donut with dot... got it.... want dot... got it.... want cross hairs... got it. Shoots straight, never had to adjust sighting again. Added some butler creek cover, now its sturdy and looks good too!!!
**********(for SHTF scenario I would choose the tri -power from trijicon)**********
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Aimpoint v. Eotech thread from hell

WHAT; No Aimpoint  Recommendation!!!!!!

Do like I did, just buy one of each, there both great.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#5]
ACOG or Compact ACOG
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
EOTECH!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Aimpoint or trijicon reflex. Neither are made of plastic and both have undergone extensive military testing. I have owned both and love both.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Neither are made of plastic

Then what is the front of the Reflex made of?  [Scottish Accent]Transparent Aluminum?[/Scottish Accent]

and both have undergone extensive military testing.  

As has the EO Tech.

And you'll note the EOTech was selected for the new SOPMOD package and the Reflex wasn't (and yes I have both - EO Tech is hands down the better sight).
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Get a TAO1 NSN ACOG, a KAC JPOINT interface mount, and a JPOINT HALO sight. This is the best combo yet I have used on a M4. Gives you the best for ALL distace capabilities of the M4 plus CBQ and incredable accuracy. I also have the AIMPOINT and EoTech and the ACOG combo is simply AWESOME! Only down point is that when you add up the price for all the components it is VERY expensive. Also with ACOG's being impossible to find now.Hope this helps you!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanx for the input, I appreciate it. This ended up being my final build-up:

Bushmaster XM15 E2S M4A3 Type LE Carbine
Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14mm CQ/T
LaRue Tactical QD (CQ/T) Mount
PRI Military Latch
Knight's Armament M4 RAS
Tango Down Battle grip
Tango Down Verticle grip
Redi-Mag

Lots of toyz coming in...Christmas in September
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I beat my head against the wall for a month thinking about which optics I wanted on my new "no ban" AR. I found a nice Trijicon Reflex II with the 12.9MOA Triangle reticals on the EE here and saved my self a few bucks over a new unit.  I can live with "wash out" from time to time if it'll save me from having to buy batteries and worry about electronics. If I do run into wash out I'll flip up my BUIS and use them until conditions improve. Having a Degree in Electronics Tech. and working in Electronics for a number of years I more then understand the limitations that they have and just how fragile they can be.  The Reflex II has no electronics, switches or batteries to go bad at a critical moment and I like that.  If you're on somewhat of a budget you can get the M4A1 Reflex II with the 4.3MOA dot and filter for under $400 bucks, that's for sight and Flattop mount.  Or if you can afford more you can get the Triangle(which  I like better) and have a good sight.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top