Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/17/2003 8:57:50 PM EDT
I just attended a CQB course and the M4s used by the SF instuctors were marked "M4 Enhanced" and had the 4 position selector lever. The M4s were all colts.

We fired full auto at 25 meters to see how ineffective full auto fire was. I put 17 out of 20 rounds center mass in about a 7" circle.

I guess it must be the shooter not the gun. And ya, I'm yanking my own chain a little.

Someone on another forum asked if the military uses the 4 position selector and the answer is yes, I've fired one.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:24:45 AM EDT
They do, but it isn't a weapon that is exactly in everyones hands. I played with one in a class a few weeks ago, it is interesting, but not much more so than any other fullauto. More difficult to work on, and different in to many aspects with parts/ receivers. Sometimes normal is better.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:28:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/18/2003 5:29:17 AM EDT by mcgrubbs]
I don't know if I would say that full auto is ineffective. It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish with it. I know of one DA unit, who's point man, on first contact with bad guys, is to dump a full mag on group-therapy setting. It's just not used, like most civilians assume.
Top Top