Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/18/2007 1:13:14 PM EDT
I don't know anything so don't flame me.

Is there any difference in lowers between an M4 and an M15/16? Is there anything that will keep me from putting a longer barrel on it?

Thanks

Troy
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 1:23:24 PM EDT
Those lower receiver M4 feed ramps should not be used with a rifle-ramped barrel.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 1:38:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2007 1:39:07 PM EDT by thedoctors308]

Originally Posted By Powerkicker:
Those lower receiver M4 feed ramps should not be used with a rifle-ramped barrel.

Lower recievers dont have feed ramps.

In answer to the question, no there is no difference between lowers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:03:49 PM EDT
If there is no difference why do they label them an M4 lower (as opposed to an M15 or just an AR)? Again, not trying to be smart alek, I just have no idea.

Thanks

Bakes
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:11:40 PM EDT

you should be slapped and be put in the corner with a dunce cap on

the lower receiver has nothing to do with Bbl length and nothing to do with the feed ramps.

the upper receiver either has m4 feed ramps or rifle, get the one that matches your Bbl ext.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:43:37 PM EDT
First of all, STOP with the feed ramp talk..........that is for tomorrow. Second, M4 pertains to the overall style of the rifle (which i might say is mostly incorrect) If the barrel is 16" with a cut to mount the M203 (or similar) grenade launcher and a collapsible stock then it is call an M4. The lower makes the rifle type NOT. You can install any length assy on the lower (legalities of under 16" not withstanding) So have fun with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:15:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MuRDoC:

you should be slapped and be put in the corner with a dunce cap on

the lower receiver has nothing to do with Bbl length and nothing to do with the feed ramps.

the upper receiver either has m4 feed ramps or rifle, get the one that matches your Bbl ext.

You volunteering?

You guys nailed me. I know the difference, I just typed lower instead of upper because I happened to be finishing a new lower build at the time.

Top Top