Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:32:17 PM EDT
Collecting for my first build.
It would seem from much reading that M4 feed ramps on barrels is the way to go if you can.
Found this one at MidwayUSA.
My question is: Is it necessary to have an M4 feed ramp on the upper if your barrel has it?

Ive searched quite a bit and can't find a thread on this, so I appreciate your input in advance!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The answer is no, but you don't want to have the opposite, M4 ramps on the upper receiver without M4 ramps on the barrel extension.

Read this thread...

Don't hold your breathe waiting for that DD barrel from MidwayUSA.  You (and I ) may get lucky and they will get a flow of shipments from their suppliers since the rush is over....but I hope you are not in a hurry. If you are and need a barrel, there have been a few threads over the past 7 days discussing barrels and where one might find them in stock.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#2]
No.  However, if your upper has m4 ramps your barrel needs them too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Strange as it seems this comes up at least twice a week...

But since my search-fu is strong here ya go...

M4 Ramps
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to everyone..I appreciate the quick response and excellent info..and I will try to polish my "search-fu"  as well as my feed ramp while Im at it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top