Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2005 4:42:00 PM EDT
I am looking to replace my fixed stock on my Bushmaster M4 with a 6 position collapsible. Bushmaster wants $99.00 where companies like Tapco want $59.99. Is the BM stock really worth the extra money or is the Tapco just as good. I have seen as low as $29.99, but I do begin to question stocks in this price range.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a CMT / Stag Arms, you get a mil spec buffer tube and you can buy one complete for about $70

Eagle Firearms had great prices!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Buy a CMT / Stag Arms, you get a mil spec buffer tube and you can buy one complete for about $70

Eagle Firearms had great prices!

+1 on the CMT, but I'd suggest Grant at GandRTactical as he is a member here and contributes to this board.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:05:17 AM EDT
[#3]
you can find nice used RRA marked  6-postion stocks on ee for around 50.00
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:28:15 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on either cmt or rra
most of our dealers here offer them and they can be found in either the equipment exchange or the industry forum
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Hands down for the CMT.  All the BM stocks I've seen since the ban dropped seem to be made of cheap Tyco-esque plastic, while the CMT stocks are make of much more durable (at least in feel) material like the Colt and LMT M4 stocks.  CMT stocks are less shiny as well.

PLUS you get a MIL-SPEC buffer tube.  I have no clue why some people add out of spec tubes (RRA, BM, etc) to their weapons, since for basically the same price you can get one that is in spec and will allow you to later have the ability to add something like a VLTOR or SOPMOD stock if you so desire.  

I'm not saying everyone who buys an AR that comes with an out of spec tube should run and replace it, but if someone is replacing what they have, why limit your options???

ETA: EagleFirearms mentioned above has some of the best prices around.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The Stag Arms M4 Type II Mil Spec Buttstock Assembly on the Eagle Firearms web site is the same as the CMT? Or are they one in the same? $62.00 for the standard.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top