Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 9:58:59 AM EDT
LEts say hypothetical eotech on larue mount or Aimpoint on appropriate riser..  what do you think, leave the FSB as is, or replace with flip?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the flip on my Bushmaster. I have a PRI clamp-on FSB.

I put it on after Bushmaster told me to get lost after I had contacted them about a canted FSB on my M4A3.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Leave the FSB.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Leave the FSB.

+1. You won't notice it while shooting.

At the last 3 gun match I attended, one kid was running an Eotech with flip up iron sights. On one stage, when the start buzzer went off, he raised his weapon to engage the silhoutte targets. It was then he noticed that he forgot to turn his Eotech on. No problem, he had back up sights right? They were flipped down. Since time was critical, he felt he didn't have enough to waste turning on the eotech or flipping up sights, so he tried to point shoot his targets--after all, the furthest one was 20 yards away. He missed all of them and scored last place for that course.

Just something to think about.

If your rifle is only a bench gun, it really doesn't matter. But if it will ever be used for anything else, stick with the fixed front sight (besides, you really won't notice it if you cowitness in the lower third).
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Leave the FSB.

+1. You won't notice it while shooting.

At the last 3 gun match I attended, one kid was running an Eotech with flip up iron sights. On one stage, when the start buzzer went off, he raised his weapon to engage the silhoutte targets. It was then he noticed that he forgot to turn his Eotech on. No problem, he had back up sights right? They were flipped down. Since time was critical, he felt he didn't have enough to waste turning on the eotech or flipping up sights, so he tried to point shoot his targets--after all, the furthest one was 20 yards away. He missed all of them and scored last place for that course.

Just something to think about.

If your rifle is only a bench gun, it really doesn't matter. But if it will ever be used for anything else, stick with the fixed front sight (besides, you really won't notice it if you cowitness in the lower third).

Plus 1 leave the FSB
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top