BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 906
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
CD...a little off topic. Have you been seeing the m17s and m18s in use? If so, how have they been performing? Are they an improvement over the m9?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
CD...a little off topic. Have you been seeing the new M17s and M18s in service? If so, how have they been performing? Better than the M9? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
glitch bump
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Good news guys... brown Santa is delivering everything I need to get my rifle together and functional. So now it needs cerakote, a pin and weld, and it will be good to go. It'll just be a matter of hunting down an EO-tech, magnifier, light, ATPIAL-C, and Socom RC... lol I'm on to the expensive part. Pics to come.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Left LMG is a Ultimax 100 Mk III in 5.56 1:7 twist, 100 rd drum and M4 stock adapter.

CD
View Quote
Thanks! Without the drum mounted, the Ultimax looks “very different”.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Silvertdi:
CD...a little off topic. Have you been seeing the m17s and m18s in use? If so, how have they been performing? Are they an improvement over the m9?  Thanks.
View Quote
Have some 101st Aviation personnel running around here with them.  Haven't fired one yet nor seen them on the range.

CD
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone photos of closed tine warcomps in the wild?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally got my RC released from jail

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dalynchmob:
Finally got my RC released from jail

http://i63.tinypic.com/11v7dp4.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/124kcd5.jpg
View Quote
Usually I don't, but sometimes I kind of wish I had went with a Surefire can rather than a Dead Air.

This is one of those times.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:18:31 AM EDT
[#10]
CD...a little off topic. Have you been seeing the new M17s and M18s in service? If so, how have they been performing? Better than the M9? Thanks.
View Quote
I did in Kandahar back in April-July this year. Army was still using M9's too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone know the best place to get a Colt gov profile barrel?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
View Quote
Usually the EE but try Shark Arms Customs too. You have to order by phone (or email-slower) but his prices are solid
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
I grabbed one off the EE for $180 about a month ago (brand new take-off).
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:59:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#14]
Just assembled this upper tonight in my garage and threw it on my DDMK18 factory SBR lower.

Specs

Upper
Colt SOCOM 14.5" FSP barrel
Daniel Defense RIS II FSP rail
KAC M4QD flash hider (not pinned, 'cuz SBR)
Colt C marked, keyhole upper
Colt C marked BCG
PRI M84 Gas Buster charging handle with Combat latch
MaTech rear sight
EOTech HWS
CQD front sling mount
Daniel Defense rail panel

Lower
Daniel Defense DDMK18 factory SBR
Geissele SSA trigger
KAC ambi safety selector
Colt A2 pistol grip
Colt trigger guard
ERGO gapper
Colt 4-position buffer tube
CQD rear sling mount
Gen 1 LMT SOPMOD stock

And with the TangoDown VFG

Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

I did in Kandahar back in April-July this year. Army was still using M9's too.
View Quote

CD
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:18:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

14.5"?

Think Chris is out.

Brownells has them. (Pucker up your ass).

Otherwise, OHIO ORDNANCE
View Quote
@tigwelder1971
Do you know if Chris sells the colt a2 grip without buying the parts kits? Can't seem to find it on the website :/
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Happy New Year cloners!
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Shoot me an email if you want a LE6920 take off.. it's 16" but its Colt and gov profile.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Happy New Year cloners!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6274_jpg-791270.JPG

CD
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I’ve got a quick question.  I have two brand new milspec upper receivers. They are sealed in their heavy duty bags with a sticker that lists their cage code number, nsn numbers, and other identifying info. Neither are colt or fn, but they are clearly milspec...probably contract over runs. Are these acceptable for use in cloning? They look like any other high quality upper. One is a mueler brass and has a curious marking on it.  Instead of the m4 engraving at the gas tube opening, it has what appears to be a dog bone and the number 4. I thought that it might be a cool upper to use due to its uniqueness. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I’ve got a quick question.  I have two brand new milspec upper receivers. They are sealed in their heavy duty bags with a sticker that lists their cage code number, nsn numbers, and other identifying info. Neither are colt or fn, but they are clearly milspec...probably contract over runs. Are these acceptable for use in cloning? They look like any other high quality upper. One is a mueler brass and has a curious marking on it.  Instead of the m4 engraving at the gas tube opening, it has what appears to be a dog bone and the number 4. I thought that it might be a cool upper to use due to its uniqueness. Thanks.
View Quote
Absolutely. Sounds like it was made by a subcontractor. Take a pic of the bag/sticker in case anybody tries to give you shit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Cage code off the bag?

CD
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Happy 2019, gents.

Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Cage code off the bag?

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Cage code off the bag?

CD
Sure thing.
1005-01-382-6795
Cage 1ZE51
PN 12972670
Receiver, cartridge
QTY 1 EA
W56HZV-12-D-0110/0002
M31-12/01
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:39:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLAudio] [#28]

Sure thing.
1005-01-382-6795
Cage 1ZE51
PN 12972670
Receiver, cartridge
QTY 1 EA
W56HZV-12-D-0110/0002
M31-12/01
View Quote
Demco Group made it (I should say machined it) , Forge mark indicates who made the forging

Looks like a small defense contractor out of FL

Demco
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#29]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Demco Group made it (I should say machined it) , Forge mark indicates who made the forging

Looks like a small defense contractor out of FL

Demco
View Quote
If I remember correctly same owner as KelTec, addresses are only 7-8 miles away.  I've had those stripped uppers as spares before.  Legit USGI supplier, I've mentioned them before here in the cloner threads.

CD
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Any idea why there is a dogbone below the m4 marking by the gas tube hole? I know some religions view dogs as unclean or unholy. I know that acogs had bible verses engraved in them. Is this the same kinda thing?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#31]
Any idea why there is a dogbone below the m4 marking by the gas tube hole? I know some religions view dogs as unclean or unholy. I know that acogs had bible verses engraved in them. Is this the same kinda thing?
View Quote
Haven't heard why.  I'll see if I have a picture of those uppers.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Some-Forge-Mark-Basics/128-641465/

CD
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:48:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#32]
Is this the forge code?  Hunt101 shut down where I had previously had them hosted.  M is Mueller Industries but was in Demco Cage Coded bag.

Attachment Attached File

and another wrench in the works how about a Colt marked upper in a wrapper with FN cage code?  Possibly FN had a order to fill, out of receivers and contracted Colt for uppers?
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:33:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#33]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Is this the forge code?  Hunt101 shut down where I had previously had them hosted.  M is Mueller Industries but was in Demco Cage Coded bag.

CD
View Quote
It is the same forge code as mine. Does your demco  (mueller) receiver have a dogbone under the m4 marked gas tube hole?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#35]

It is the same forge code as mine. Does your demco  (mueller) receiver have a dogbone under the m4 marked gas tube hole?
View Quote
It did (remember cause it was odd).  Don't have any with me now as I had those receivers in Kuwait Feb 16' and I'm back in Afghanistan.

CD
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Excellent. Looks like I have a very unique upper for my clone. Thanks CD.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#37]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_1680_JPG-792749.JPG

and another wrench in the works how about a Colt marked upper in a wrapper with FN cage code?  Possibly FN had a order to fill, out of receivers and contracted Colt for uppers?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4708_JPG-792750.JPG

CD
View Quote
Might be from the angle of the pic, but that "C" in the bottom pic looks like one of those in the thread about possible fake Colt uppers with the "C" flaking off when a fingernail was taken to them. I HIGHLY doubt you got a phony though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Might be from the angle of the pic, but that "C" in the bottom pic looks like one of those in the thread about possible fake Colt uppers with the "C" flaking off when a fingernail was taken to them. I HIGHLY doubt you got a phony though.
View All Quotes

CD
CDs has white T marks tho
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
View All Quotes

CD
Right. Just saying how close that C looks compared to the others.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#40]
SSA-E comes in tomorrow

CQD front sling mount ordered today

Taking off the Daniel Defense QD Mount and going to put on a Blue Force Gear HK hook on to go with CQD front mount and end plate.

Still want to get a tan Surefire M600DF to replace my black surefire M600U
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Could someone post a pic of a SOPMOD stock in the second position on a Colt extension please?

I normally keep mine in the second position out of six, and I’m wondering what kind of difference I’d be looking at if I use a Colt extension.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:58:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#42]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Could someone post a pic of a SOPMOD stock in the second position on a Colt extension please?

I normally keep mine in the second position out of six, and I’m wondering what kind of difference I’d be looking at if I use a Colt extension.
View Quote
Position 4 on your tube is position 2 on a Colt tube
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Six position it is then, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Well guys, my Colt lower finally came in. My colt BCG is on it's way as well as a front cqd sling mount, Geissele SSA-E, and a 14.5 SOCOM barrel. I'm going to pull the FSB off the barrel, send everything off but the barrel and 4 prong to be cerakoted in two tone net camo paint job, have it pinned and welded, and then join the halves... I'm starting to get excited. I'm also glad I picked up an SSA-E. I pulled that Colt trigger and realized how spoiled I've been with my Hiperfire triggers. Two stages arent my gig, but I'll take the SSA-E as its correct and so much better. Lol

Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Optiskate76:
Well guys, my Colt lower finally came in. My colt BCG is on it's way as well as a front cqd sling mount, Geissele SSA-E, and a 14.5 SOCOM barrel. I'm going to pull the FSB off the barrel, send everything off but the barrel and 4 prong to be cerakoted in two tone net camo paint job, have it pinned and welded, and then join the halves... I'm starting to get excited. I'm also glad I picked up an SSA-E. I pulled that Colt trigger and realized how spoiled I've been with my Hiperfire triggers. Two stages arent my gig, but I'll take the SSA-E as its correct and so much better. Lol

http://i68.tinypic.com/302v3mu.jpg
View Quote
Looks great so far.

Uploaded the pic for ya.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Looks great so far.

Uploaded the pic for ya.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/M4A1-794408.jpg
View Quote
Thanks man! Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#48]
Went out and test fired a upper we rebuilt (Colt SOCOM bbl).  Just threw the carrying handle on.  No surprises ran semi and auto as it should.

Attachment Attached File

This one also repaired and functioned correctly.
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:56:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11b4v] [#49]
^^^

Surprised that's not an M2A1 laying on the back; that quad band VHF antenna has me interested.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:57:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#50]
Went out and test fired a upper we rebuilt (Colt SOCOM bbl).  Just threw the carrying handle on.  No surprises ran semi and auto as it should.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6299_jpg-794525.JPG

This one also repaired and functioned correctly.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/Mk47_b8ae9b3e-0b08-464f-a2bc-64c3c9e822a9_JPG-794526.JPG

CD
View Quote
I have everything to clone that rifle right now.

ETA; I was under the impression that there were no taupe grips in use?
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top