BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 228
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Just waiting on a RAS, side sling swivel, and KAC QD flash hider...

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By nf9648:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/Guns/DSC02465_zps2af100f8.jpg

If you find a place selling the flash hider PM me. I'm looking for one myself.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 1:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Merdoc:

If you find a place selling the flash hider PM me. I'm looking for one myself.

I know where you can get a new in the box KAC QD, PM inbound.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 5:58:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the paint scheme.  In case you're still looking, you can pick up a new blem RAS direct from KAC for $150.  I went with a blem, as I knew I was going to rattle can my rig.

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Rothbard:
I like the paint scheme.  In case you're still looking, you can pick up a new blem RAS direct from KAC for $150.  I went with a blem, as I knew I was going to rattle can my rig.

The RAS should be here tomorrow, only part I haven't found is the QD flash hider.  I'd hate to buy another 3t brake just so I could pull a QD off another upper...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 3:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G_MAN] [#7]
Colt M4 upper, RAS, M2 in a PRI mount, LMT BUIS and SOPMOD, VTAC.

obligatory feet photo
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:57:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: G_MAN] [#9]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

Originally Posted By G_MAN:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/SUPA_G_MAN/Firearms/IMG_1632.jpg
obligatory feet photo

As soon as I can get a Wilcox mount...

PRI is GTG as well. Issue item for navy MK18s. and it's available directly from PRI
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

PRI is GTG as well. Issue item for navy MK18s. and it's available directly from PRI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

obligatory feet photo

Can you show a reference for this?  I was under the impression that the PRI mount was a copy of the Wilcox.  I know the Wilcox was issued to SEALs, but was not aware that the PRI was actually issued.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:25:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: schaz42] [#11]
I've never seen a PRI on any Mk18 or CQBR, I've heard reference to them but...where are they? Seem about 50+ WilcoX mounts though, fwiw,

Will

P.S. the PRI does look to have less of a signature though, the thumb screw seems smaller, and hopefully of a better material. I haven't taken a magnet to my WilcoX screw but seeing how easily the metal deforms while tightening it down, I'm guessing aluminum.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:22:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nf9648] [#12]
Only thing I've seen from PRI on MK18s is gas busters...

edit*  Got my RAS and side sling mount, and a new .308 showed up as well!  I cant wait to get some glass and a can on it, gonna replace the stock with an AICS chassis.

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:58:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G_MAN] [#13]
Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:

Can you show a reference for this? I was under the impression that the PRI mount was a copy of the Wilcox.  I know the Wilcox was issued to SEALs, but was not aware that the PRI was actually issued.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.
View All Quotes

obligatory feet photo

Can you show a reference for this? I was under the impression that the PRI mount was a copy of the Wilcox.  I know the Wilcox was issued to SEALs, but was not aware that the PRI was actually issued.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was under the opposite impression.  if you dig around you'll find people quoting that it is in fact in the Crane catalog, on some  issued Navy CQBRs and copied by wilcox. Yes, Wilcox had the contract, but good luck finding one. regardless, it's a great mount, will do everything the wilcox will, it's available and maybe there's enough  info out there that might make it ok for some to accept it for "clone" purposes.  

SMGLee (2006)" you are right that Wilcox riped off the PRI aimpoint mount but on my Crane catalog, the PRI mount is actualy listed instead of the Wilcox."

Edit: Not that this is some verification, but, I built my "pseudo" cqbr clone in 2002 and, after researching it, all the info that I found pointed me toward the PRI.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#14]

I was under the opposite impression.  if you dig around you'll find people quoting that it is in fact in the Crane catalog, on some  issued Navy CQBRs and copied by wilcox. Yes, Wilcox had the contract, but good luck finding one. regardless, it's a great mount, will do everything the wilcox will, it's available and maybe there's enough  info out there that might make it ok for some to accept it for "clone" purposes.  

SMGLee (2006)" you are right that Wilcox riped off the PRI aimpoint mount but on my Crane catalog, the PRI mount is actualy listed instead of the Wilcox."

Edit: Not that this is some verification, but, I built my "pseudo" cqbr clone in 2002 and, after researching it, all the info that I found pointed me toward the PRI.
View All Quotes

obligatory feet photo

Thanks for the correction, and additional details on this.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

obligatory feet photo

Brownells carries the Wilcox mount.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:05:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Timbo] [#16]
PR "in the wild", kind of. Took the sopmod off today in favor of the M4 stock. It feels less bulky and strong to weak side transitions are easier.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:23:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socomike] [#17]

Block 1 M4.  This was a mock up.  It is currently torn down and the barrel is about to leave to ADCO to be cut to 12.5.  Still looking for a decently priced Wilcox mount.

-Colt 6921 upper.
-DPMS SBRed Lower
-CAR stock
-KAC RAS
-Aimpoint CompM2
-LDI Otal-A Green Laser.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Socomike:
<a href="http://s841.photobucket.com/user/paintballa698/media/fc8f085f-1779-4e29-9e11-d2434d106849_zpsefd96098.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/paintballa698/fc8f085f-1779-4e29-9e11-d2434d106849_zpsefd96098.jpg</a>

Block 1 M4.  This was a mock up.  It is currently torn down and the barrel is about to leave to ADCO to be cut to 12.5.  Still looking for a decently priced Wilcox mount.

-Colt 6921 upper.
-DPMS SBRed Lower
-CAR stock
-KAC RAS
-Aimpoint CompM2
-LDI Otal-A Green Laser.
View Quote

What's a good price for the Wilcox? TNVC has them for $120 while Brownell's wants $165.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

What's a good price for the Wilcox? TNVC has them for $120 while Brownell's wants $165.
View Quote
With a little patience, $80 or so used on the EE.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:46:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup] [#21]
How incorrect is the M4 profile? If at all? Everything is being swapped for socom profile correct?
Basically what are the majority of you'll running? Not sure if I should just grab the m4 upper from bcm now or wait a bit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#22]
It is my understanding that the SOCOM barrels first started showing up on the Phased Replacement rifles, the M-4 profile should be correct for an early M-4 SOPMOD style clone. See first page for more info, if anyone has any info for me to add to the first post please let me know!
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By rbhoover:
It is my understanding that the SOCOM barrels first started showing up on the Phased Replacement rifles, the M-4 profile should be correct for an early M-4 SOPMOD style clone. See first page for more info, if anyone has any info for me to add to the first post please let me know!
View Quote

I'd say it'd be a mixed bag, the Govt. didn't start using the SOCOM barrel exclusively with the M4A1 till 2003, naturally a few units would still have M4 profiles in their inventories and may still have not upgraded to the SOCOM profile. FWIW,

Will
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

M4A1 SOCOM profile barrels have been around nearly a decade if not longer.  I've had 2 colt barrels since 2005, only M4 barrel I have now is a regular profile LMT 14.5".  nothing wrong with them other than a little more weight, the extra thickness probably helps accuracy as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#27]

M4A1 SOCOM profile barrels have been around nearly a decade if not longer.  I've had 2 colt barrels since 2005, only M4 barrel I have now is a regular profile LMT 14.5".  nothing wrong with them other than a little more weight, the extra thickness probably helps accuracy as well.
View All Quotes

So, for the purist clone builders, the barrel really should be a SOCOM profile. Correct?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:37:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#28]
Originally Posted By Lepus:

So, for the purist clone builders, the barrel really should be a SOCOM profile. Correct?
View Quote

It should be a 14.5" Colt SOCOM profile for a true clone. The closest substitute is the BCM 14.5" SOCOM because, unlike others (e.g., PSA "SOCOM" profile), it has the lateral "flats" cut out for M203 mounting.

ETA: if we ever see some surplus FN SOCOM barrels, those should be fine, too
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#29]
PR some please post a PR.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:58:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lepus] [#30]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

It should be a 14.5" Colt SOCOM profile for a true clone. The closest substitute is the BCM 14.5" SOCOM because, unlike others (e.g., PSA "SOCOM" profile), it has the lateral "flats" cut out for M203 mounting.

View All Quotes

Thanks for clarification, going to have to pick a BCM up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I had a block I but I swapped out some stuff to make it my rifle.
Things I've changed:
Veltor Mur Upper
Magpul ACS Stock
Match trigger and kns pins
YHM ez-pull pins and flash hider
MOE+ grip with grip core that holds extra bolt and firing pin
Swap my Matech sight for KAC rear BUIS
Ambi safety
Ha, I know it's nothing like a block I now, but I love shooting this little rifle

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:11:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: schaz42] [#32]

View All Quotes

No, like I said earlier, the SOPMOD program had already been implemented before the SOCOM profile was available. The first SOPMOD M4A1's started coming out in the late 90's, the SOCOM profile wasn't until 2003 so again like I said, its a mixed bag of what you'll find.

And for the "purist" that would depend on what you're building. This thread covers the Block I, 1.5/PR, and Block II, the Block I and PR should be either M4 or SOCOM depending on the unit doing the upgrade, the Block II undoubtedly should be a SOCOM profile. Now back to that "purist" thing, that would have to be a Colt pure and simple as no other company has supplied SOCOM barrels to this program. BCM does make good stuff but, the op asked for "purist" clone building.

And what is a FN SOCOM Barrel? When were these made? In my travels the only FN barrels I saw were on M16's and of course machine guns. Are you saying FNMI supplied M4/M4A1 barrels to the Govt.?

Will
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By schaz42:

No, like I said earlier, the SOPMOD program had already been implemented before the SOCOM profile was available. The first SOPMOD M4A1's started coming out in the late 90's, the SOCOM profile wasn't until 2003 so again like I said, its a mixed bag of what you'll find.

And for the "purist" that would depend on what you're building. This thread covers the Block I, 1.5/PR, and Block II, the Block I and PR should be either M4 or SOCOM depending on the unit doing the upgrade, the Block II undoubtedly should be a SOCOM profile. Now back to that "purist" thing, that would have to be a Colt pure and simple as no other company has supplied SOCOM barrels to this program. BCM does make good stuff but, the op asked for "purist" clone building.

And what is a FN SOCOM Barrel? When were these made? In my travels the only FN barrels I saw were on M16's and of course machine guns. Are you saying FNMI supplied M4/M4A1 barrels to the Govt.?

Will
View Quote

Fair points.

FN recently won the contract to produce M4s, so that is all I meant: perhaps someday we will see surplus FN M4 barrels. That's a big perhaps.

Sure, govt profile barrels are probably fine depending on what you're building. I would prefer a Colt govt profile M4 barrel over a BCM SOCOM, but that's just the purist in me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By USP45Tim:
View All Quotes

For me is was $60 or so about 5-6 years ago...
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

Ill give ya $61.00.  Profit is profit my friend.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

CMMGs M4A1 SOCOM barrels were cut to the same spec as the Colt barrels as well, but I don't think they have offered them for a few years now.  I ran one past 15k in a year and sold it on the EE in 08'-09', I'm sure someone is still running it hard.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't think I posted this here yet:
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

sight fell off.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Here is my Block 1 SOPMOD.SJR556
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm gonna take some pics today, I say that everyday though....
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Any PR's with EXPS?
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#43]
No accessories, but this is a real SF M4A1 that I fixed the other day. Of course we had to testfire it!

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
No accessories, but this is a real SF M4A1 that I fixed the other day. Of course we had to testfire it!

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/4086/a92n.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/8519/8xai.jpg
View Quote

If it fires Wolf ammo it must be running good!
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/4086/a92n.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/8519/8xai.jpg

Can't comment on the usage of Wolf ammo But this SAW may or may not have fed pretty well too.

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 5:26:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot] [#46]
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Lancelot, that is a great photo of the MK18 MOD0 with replacement upper.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#49]

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420649_10201028106169792_65428664_n.jpg

PYONGTAEK, ROK (Mar. 20, 2010) – Visit, Board, Search, and Seizure (VBSS) Team members from Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS Lassen (DDG-82) conduct a boarding of Republic of Korea Navy Fast Combat Support Ship Cheonji (AOE-57). Lassen is in Korea in support of Exercise Foal Eagle 2010. (U.S. Navy photo by Damage Controlman Third Class Brian D. Barker/Released)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8403/8694529570_d18651c4e6_b.jpg

View Quote

Your BCM - is that a pinned 14.5" or true SBR 14.5"?
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420649_10201028106169792_65428664_n.jpg

PYONGTAEK, ROK (Mar. 20, 2010) – Visit, Board, Search, and Seizure (VBSS) Team members from Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS Lassen (DDG-82) conduct a boarding of Republic of Korea Navy Fast Combat Support Ship Cheonji (AOE-57). Lassen is in Korea in support of Exercise Foal Eagle 2010. (U.S. Navy photo by Damage Controlman Third Class Brian D. Barker/Released)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8403/8694529570_d18651c4e6_b.jpg

IIRC, It's pinned. It's got an A2X.
Page / 228
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top