Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2005 8:17:12 AM EDT
Just looking for a little status report.  Also mention if you REALLY use it or just for range work.  I'm curious if  LE / military is satisfied with them.

Thanks,

J223...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an M6x "rail Grabber" mounted on my Commando for entry work on our team.  I have never been a laser fan in the past.  But since 9-11 our team was supported and selected by the feds to be one of several teams in our region to be SCBA (and other things) certified.  thats when I got more interested in lasers.  Long story short, the Rail Grabber model is the way to go.  I have T&Eed the other and I don't trust them keeping zero.  This one has!  Been removed from the rail several times. It has taken some abuse bouncing onto and being drug across cinder block walls etc when climbing or rapelling.  also have a Aimpoint M2 , BUIS and a Surefire light.  Hope this helped.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have an M6x "rail Grabber" mounted-- Long story short, the Rail Grabber model is the way to go.  I have T&Eed the other and I don't trust them keeping zero.  This one has!  Been removed from the rail several times. It has taken some abuse bouncing onto and being drug across cinder block walls etc when climbing or rapelling.  /quote]

Do you have the pressure switch or just use the rocker?   Thanks for the reply Brother.

J223...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an M3 on my Glock 21 45acp and an M6 on my M4 rifle with a curly cord remote. Both hold up great so far. My M3 has a lot of rounds with it on.  The M6 i just got so i will see how it will hold up. Both have their orginal bulbs in them.  I think they are great lights and serve there duty well for the price.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the remote pressure switch "inner tubed" to a vertical grip.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I use the remote pressure switch "inner tubed" to a vertical grip.

I just tubed mine today.  I had a bulb last one year (it just popped yesterday)... not a lot of use, banged around alot. especially when camping.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate the replies  --- I'm considering an M6X for another project.  Sounds like it'll be a good choice.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the m3 on my sig works great. I would not use nor want a laser. If I did I would rather have the grips with a laser than the m6.  my .02
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I have M3X long gun package mounted on my Colt Tactical Carbine  that is used for law enforcement use. I just got a hard case because I'm getting an optic soon. It bounced around in a soft case for over a year in the trunk of my patrol car and is still going strong.

The M3X is mounted on a clamp mount on the front sight and has a pressure switch for my left thumb. I really like the way it backlights my front sight where it is mounted. Throw is very long with 120 lumens.

More than satisfied with the Streamlight M3X long gun package. It is waterproof and is beefed up over the standard M3. Long gun package does not have the toggle switch, but a plug-in for the pressure switch.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought an M6X for a railed pistol . I found it was
just too damn big . So I took it off and stuck it
on the slide out rail on a CX4 Storm .  On the
storm it looks , fits and works well . No problems
with recoil or loss of zero with the laser .

ETA

While it's seen mostly range use , I have done some
run and gun sims with it , but more importantly
my son and his friends like the storm and shoot the
crap out of it and they tend to be pretty rough on
weapons
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Out of  all the weapon lights out there, I really think the MX series is right on target for its intended purpose.  The design is perfect IMO for hand guns and carbines. I use mine mounted at the 9 o'clock position on my #50 SIR rail.  The design is so good Surefire pretty much dupped it -- still can't see how they pulled that off.

J223...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top