Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 12:27:28 PM EDT
I've spent a good amount of time with the M27 lately and love how quickly and easily the hand guard can be removed for cleaning. Is there something similar that I can buy to put on my personal rifle? I have a Daniel Defense M4V7 lightweight with the sleek, round modular hand guard. I'd like to keep a slim, clean looking hand guard on my rifle, unlike the bulky quad rail of the M27. Any options out there that can be removed by undoing just one bolt?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:39:18 PM EDT
Geissele is very similar.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:24:44 PM EDT
I'm not sure that would be a good idea. If you have BUIS or a laser, it wouldn't be guaranteed it would still be zeroed. Even if you only had an optic mounted on the upper your zero may shift.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:28:50 PM EDT
I checked their website and didn't see anything like it. They sell a barrel nut, but didn't see anything for hand guards
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:30:39 PM EDT
I've taken the hand guards on my M27 off a ton of times for cleaning, and the PEQ-16 is always still dead on. I'm led to believe that it does hold a zero. Surely after 50+ cycles of removing and reinstalling, if it hasn't shifted yet it probably won't ever move. My laser is always dead on.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:37:39 PM EDT
This system from BCM looks like it might be the ticket? Anybody have some experience with it? I'm wanting the whole handguard to come off with just undoing one bolt.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-KMR-KeyMod-Handguard-s/184.htm
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:06:54 PM EDT
Geissele mk2. Google it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:02:12 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Geissele mk2. Google it.
View Quote

That's not too bad, but it still seems more complicated by a good bit. The HK 416 handguard is self centering, not requiring any other hardware to ensure it is properly aligned with the upper receiver. It also only has one cross bolt that uses the bolt lugs as its wrench, instead of two bolts that require actual tools.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:16:18 PM EDT
It's the only one close to what you want. And after you adjust the screws it's self centering. Furthermore there is a model with the HK anti rotation tab but it's inky available from one custom shop.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:58:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tdfbound:

That's not too bad, but it still seems more complicated by a good bit. The HK 416 handguard is self centering, not requiring any other hardware to ensure it is properly aligned with the upper receiver. It also only has one cross bolt that uses the bolt lugs as its wrench, instead of two bolts that require actual tools.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tdfbound:
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Geissele mk2. Google it.

Sell whatever rifle you have and buy an HK MR556. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:56:02 PM EDT
Top Top