Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2005 9:59:17 AM EDT
I am kicking around the idea of getting a stripped M203 receiver from ORF after I read a while back that they were going to offer them in the future.

I will probably register it as a DD down the road when I build it up so I can put a 40mm bbl on it.  The idea of tinkering with loads in my spare time sounds like fun.

Anyway, I am looking for mounting ideas from people on here who have M203s.  I am interested in the newer mounting systems that are out there that work with rail systems-as opposed to the older style that required specific hand guards.  

What QD mounts are there, and are there mounts that would work with a FF rail system?  Something that does not contact the bbl of the upper at all?  I think I read on here that SMGLee mounts an M203 to a LMT MRP?  I would assume the mount has no contact with the rifle bbl in this type of a setup.

Also information from people who tinker with loading would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
LMT makes an M203 (there may be some others) that uses a different, rail-mountable receiver.  I'm not aware of any way to mount a "standard" M203 receiver to a rail system without contacting the barrel, but someone may be making such a thing.

If you've got a standard M203 (that's what I've got) you can invest in the KAC QD latch for the frontend that allows you to quickly assemble it to your barrel.  

I use my M203 with a KAC stand-alone buttstock and (IMHO) that's the best way by far to set up an M203 (pic of similar unit at autoweapons.com is below).  The M16/M203 combo looks cool, but is heavy and unwieldy for playing around.

Joe

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response.  I found a lot of info just now on Subguns that answered some of my questions.

Do you know of a source for stripped, or complete but still title 1, LMT receivers?  These would be minus the bbl of course.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Sign up on Grog's board. A lot of experience and knowledge here, and great people.
www.forumco.com/grog101/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=8&CAT_ID=2&Forum_Title=General+Discussion
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top