Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/22/2005 9:59:17 AM EDT
I am kicking around the idea of getting a stripped M203 receiver from ORF after I read a while back that they were going to offer them in the future.

I will probably register it as a DD down the road when I build it up so I can put a 40mm bbl on it. The idea of tinkering with loads in my spare time sounds like fun.

Anyway, I am looking for mounting ideas from people on here who have M203s. I am interested in the newer mounting systems that are out there that work with rail systems-as opposed to the older style that required specific hand guards.

What QD mounts are there, and are there mounts that would work with a FF rail system? Something that does not contact the bbl of the upper at all? I think I read on here that SMGLee mounts an M203 to a LMT MRP? I would assume the mount has no contact with the rifle bbl in this type of a setup.

Also information from people who tinker with loading would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:29:56 AM EDT
LMT makes an M203 (there may be some others) that uses a different, rail-mountable receiver. I'm not aware of any way to mount a "standard" M203 receiver to a rail system without contacting the barrel, but someone may be making such a thing.

If you've got a standard M203 (that's what I've got) you can invest in the KAC QD latch for the frontend that allows you to quickly assemble it to your barrel.

I use my M203 with a KAC stand-alone buttstock and (IMHO) that's the best way by far to set up an M203 (pic of similar unit at autoweapons.com is below). The M16/M203 combo looks cool, but is heavy and unwieldy for playing around.

Joe

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:35:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 11:36:47 AM EDT by Gewehr1Sammler]
Thanks for the response. I found a lot of info just now on Subguns that answered some of my questions.

Do you know of a source for stripped, or complete but still title 1, LMT receivers? These would be minus the bbl of course.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:46:12 AM EDT
Sign up on Grog's board. A lot of experience and knowledge here, and great people.
www.forumco.com/grog101/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=8&CAT_ID=2&Forum_Title=General+Discussion
Top Top