Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2002 7:51:32 AM EDT
I have 20rds of this stuff it says its lot 3 and the ammo is all dis-colored with black spots not that it bothers me the way it looks but is this usual or is it a bad batch? and would this be a good round for home defense?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it the Federal XM193? If so, then the discoloration is normal and that ammo is GREAT stuff!!

See:
www.ammo-oracle.com/#lcugly
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#2]
The Military doesn't care what it looks like, just that it works.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Vinnie,
You must be talking about the Federal XM193 LOT 3 as I have the same stuff. You will probably find those black spots on any of the LOTs of Federal XM193 as they do not take the time to polish the ammo very pretty and shiny.
Probably due to keep costs down and that the ammo is actually made for the military and the military don't care if their ammo isn't pretty.
Don't worry, the black spots are just a bit of excess sealant and doesn't hinder performace or damage your rifle.
The black spots on my ammo seem to rub right off, so if it makes you feel better, take a paper towel and some Windex and make your ammo pretty.
I'm just kidding with you !!
But really, your ammo is just fine. Have no worries.

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]
well thanks for re assuring me it looks like it is a quality resonable priced ammo for defense.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top