Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:50:04 AM EDT
I am looking to replace my Colt hammer (notched type) with an M16 or a notchless hammer?  Where to get one?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#1]
DPMS hammers are unnotched, but have the autosear spur machined off.  They are NOT M16 hammers.  They are just unnotched.

www.dpmsinc.com

www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=LR-33

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I think DPMS hammers are demilled three round burst hammers. Look at the wide sear engagement area for the two sears.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think DPMS hammers are demilled three round burst hammers. Look at the wide sear engagement area for the two sears.

The outside diameter of the hammer where the pin goes through is smaller on one side of a three shot burst hammer, The DPMS ones are the same on both sides.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Being that it is DPMS, is there any quality issues for those in know?

Not to be intended as a flame.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a bit... I have used DPMS lowers, lower parts kit, a couple of DPMS upper halves, all nice stuff, no issues.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#6]
So it will work with a Colt?  What about thier "oversized pins"?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So it will work with a Colt?  What about thier "oversized pins"?

No, but I believe DPMS does sell fire control parts that are specially made to fit colt lowers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh, I keep forgetting about Colt's non-mil spec FCG and receiver.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They do have a wider sear engagement area than your standard, run of the mill AR-15 hammer, I believe.  I use them in alot of my builds.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Contacted DPMS and this is what they said:

Rob,
If your lower has the larger pins (.169 diameter) you will need to use item
LR-34A
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us,

Thank you,
Shane C
DPMS Sales
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top