Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/11/2003 12:27:42 PM EDT
Four M29's were spottted in the possesion of agents in a recent air intercept around Washington. Looks like real field testing has begun on the compliment weapon system to the M16/M4. At this rate the U.S. military wonn't be searching for a new service rifle anytime soon. Any other spottings of M29's?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
M29?  I'm not too familiar with that rifle.  Are you talking about the OICW (Objective Individual Combat Weapon)?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I am, surprised to see it being carried.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay I didn't know they had officially named it the M29.  Learn something everday.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Basically it will suppliment the squad level weapon systems and replace the M203. It is a combined 20mm and 5.56mm weapon with a fire control system and smart munition technology. I'm really not too familiar with it but you can go to H&K's site to see it and read about it. They are very star wars looking and shocking to see.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The OICW is a bunch of B.S. It is HUGE!! Just imagine this... A U.S. Marine (or soldier) trying to clear a room with an OICW. I think not. IF the USMC adopts this big hunk of crap, it will fail badly in unconventional warfare, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I donn't think the intention is to replace the rifleman but to increase the firepower of a squad with explosive munitions; just as a SAW gunner. No doubt about it but some are now out there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The thing I don't like about the M29 (OICW) is the placement of the ejection port since it is a bullpup style rifle  I'm a left-handed shooter and it looks like lefties will have burn marks on their neck and cheeks after firing off a few rounds in full-auto.  Surely there is a left-handed version or some type of device to solve this problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top