Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2005 8:08:17 AM EDT
Can anyone give me with a description of what's included in the A1 rear sight assembly? I have the kit, but I think it's missing a part. Kit consists of the long screw, windage numbered A1 drum, sight aperature, spring and pin. There's a hole drilled into the end of the screw. Is this for a detent pin of some kind? If so, that's the part I'm missing. Thanks for any and all info.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:04:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The hole that is drilled in the end of the screw, as well as the same size hole drilled in the windage drum, is for a 1/16" (IIRC) roll pin.  
The pin is a must have, since it basically holds the rear sight assembly together.
Sounds like you have all of the other parts covered.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope this help

A1 upper parts
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys, for the good info. Yes, it  looks like I'm missing the roll pin. On the Del-Ton website it's listed as #10, Rear Sight Spring Pin. So much for the "complete" rear sight assembly I bought! I'll pick one of these up from them. Wonder if they also carry the correct early A1 style ejection port cover. All I've been able to find are the later A2 style.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top