Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:03:16 PM EDT
What sling did the US ARMY issue with the M16s during the Vietnam War? Also, where can I get one?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#1]
According to a friend of mine that was in Vietnam (he was actually issued an XM16E1), it was an OD nylon sling.  As to where to buy one, I have no idea.  If you find one, let me know, my A1 replica needs a sling too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you asked nicely.....

www.mooremilitaria.com/prod03.htm

Two choices there.

OD cotton web M-1 Rifle sling. As used on the M-14 and early M-16 rifles. These slings are in very good+ to excellent condition with nice dark color and clean hardware.

OD Nylon Slings. These are the real deal. USGI nylon slings designed specifically for use in Vietnam. Same style as the M1 Sling, but made of a soft nylon web. Perfect for your M-14 or M-16.

Both run $10 each. They are used, but in good shape. I just bought two A1 pistol grips from these guys. They are friendly and FAST. The two grips I got looked brand new. I highly recommend them as a dealer.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks Lancelot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:06:44 AM EDT
[#4]
That looks like the sling I had on my M16A1 in 1972.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Lancelot!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top