Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/19/2012 8:58:12 AM EDT
On the shelf at Pepboys,

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 3:38:36 PM EDT
Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:21:00 PM EDT
Damn! I was just at a PepBoys today. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 3:32:43 AM EDT
I bought some to try out, not sure how it will be. But most of the Lucas products I've used have been great!
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 6:04:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By badazzar15:
I bought some to try out, not sure how it will be. But most of the Lucas products I've used have been great!

Agree on the Lucas Products.I've had these 3 bottles for over a year now.Notice the slight difference in the picture. I purchased them from NAPA.I've been using this product on my Glocks regularly. I put it on the rails and disconnectors and my Glocks feel like butter.The Royal Purple Max Lube is slightly better IMHO, because it stays where you put it and is a little thicker. Of course this is all subject to the end user.Just my 2 cents.

Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:29:20 PM EDT
I have been using Lucas Gun Oil for a while now, it really impressed me with its rust protection on my CCW.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:07:24 PM EDT
I'm a firm believer in Lucas products. I even have my own gear display. I just don't like how viscous it is. I do use it on the trigger assemblies of most of my rifles. Just not the actions. Hoppe's Elite smoothed up all my bolt guns.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:29:23 PM EDT
Is lucas Gun oil a synthetic? I love mobile 1 (synthetic motor oil in general) because it doesnt burn off, dry up, keeps deposits from forming or sticking to parts and it doesnt splatter off...sticks great for 100s of 1000s of rounds!!! I think synthetic motor oil works amazing on an AR...however...and this is big one for me...it smells terrible!!! If lucas can perform like Mobile 1 and smell better I am in! CLP, Rem, etc dont even come close to lasting as well as mobile 1...once again if lucas can perform like mobile 1 and smell alright...I will be buying a ton! Anyone know?
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:38:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By soapboxpreacher:
Is lucas Gun oil a synthetic? I love mobile 1 (synthetic motor oil in general) because it doesnt burn off, dry up, keeps deposits from forming or sticking to parts and it doesnt splatter off...sticks great for 100s of 1000s of rounds!!! I think synthetic motor oil works amazing on an AR...however...and this is big one for me...it smells terrible!!! If lucas can perform like Mobile 1 and smell better I am in! CLP, Rem, etc dont even come close to lasting as well as mobile 1...once again if lucas can perform like mobile 1 and smell alright...I will be buying a ton! Anyone know?

I am pretty big on using Mobile 1, and now am also very happy with Lucas Gun Oil. The Lucas is a little thinner than Mobile one, and does not last quite as long as far as round count goes, but is leaps and bounds a better and longer lasting lube than CLP or RemOil, and better rust protection than Mobile1. I have not had a problem with the Lucas drying up on a gun that sits for a long time, or under a few light days at the range.

I dont know if Lucas is synthetic or not, but it stays wet longer than most lubes, no odor, excellent rust protection, and is fairly cheap for a marketed gun lube.
Top Top