Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 8:35:24 PM EDT
Taking the plunge in the world of AR, of course I had to be difficult so I'm building my first from a stripped lower on up.  There are several places I've found 'lower assembly' directions, but either they don't mention lubrication or they do and I'm just being dense and not seeing it. Is it one of those  'everyone knows you oil X, Y, Z and grease A, B, C', or is it actually ment to go together dry?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
CLP!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I use CLP for the most part for cleaning and lube of the lower..... however, I like to use a *very light* amount of moly grease on the following parts during initial assembly:

hammer and trigger sear engagement surfaces
hammer and trigger pin holes
hammer and trigger pins
safety selector (receiver surface and the detent surface)
pivot and takedown pins and detent grooves

That being said.... it really wont make a lot of difference.  CLP is all thats necessary.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer jellybeans.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Offshore: are those mil-spec jellybeans or do you prefer the ANSI standard?

Thanks for the tips everyone.  Somehow I had a feeling it was one of those 'well of course you...'
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Brownells action lube works well and is synthetic so no problems or issues with it washing off grey paste configuration and works well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I prefer mil-spec jellybeans
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I prefer mil-spec jellybeans

Don't tell the secret so fast

Watch the green ones
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top