Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 1:17:32 PM EDT
Just ordered a RM HL-X for my AR-10, the rifle has a M-lok rail with a full top rail. Wondering what will be the best way to mount it.

No BUIS or anything in the way.

I'm thinking the Arisaka In Line MLOK mount?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Arisaka inline as you stated, I don't have a pic of mine mounted but it's tight into the rail
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arisaka inline as you stated, I don't have a pic of mine mounted but it's tight into the rail
View Quote
Ordered it up
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ordered it up
View Quote
You chose well, I have a scout mounted at 9 o'clock on a Geissele MK8 and it was so close I had to shave a little material from my mbus.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:01:36 AM EDT
[#4]
The HL-X uses the same mounting system as the Surefire Scout lights. So the lowest possible profile mount using M-lok would be the Unity Tactical M-lok compatible FUSION adapter.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The HL-X uses the same mounting system as the Surefire Scout lights. So the lowest possible profile mount using M-lok would be the Unity Tactical M-lok compatible FUSION adapter.
View Quote
Thanks super slick, ordered one of those to try also.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Your light bell/head must be in front of the rail with Unity or it won't fit. If you have a 15" rail, go Arisaka.

The HLX is so huge I had to mount to Keymod with Noveske and it only fits in one position due to BUIS clearance because tail nor head can be near a BUIS.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's the HLX on a URX4 mlok using an arson machine mount, as you can see it clears the KAC micro with room to spare, the arisaka will definitely get you in tighter, even resting right on the front sight mount if you want, I run suppressed 100% of the time and this is an 11.5" SBR so I run the light on the most forward mlok slot, if your running unsuppressed your gonna need to back it up a slot and then you have that bezel to deal with, with this arson machine mount it would still clear it but the bezel would rest against the front sight mount when you snugged it up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the tightest way to mount one at 11 o'clock on an ALG EMR v2?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:46:25 AM EDT
[#9]
The Arisaka mount can't be beat. I have a RM 2 mounted on an Arisaka Inline KM mount and it's about as low profile as possible. Rock solid too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Arisaka mount can't be beat. I have a RM 2 mounted on an Arisaka Inline KM mount and it's about as low profile as possible. Rock solid too.
View Quote
On an EMR? Pix?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
The arisaka inline mount does not work with the hl-x. You need the offset mount. This info is also included on the arisaka website.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The arisaka inline mount does not work with the hl-x. You need the offset mount. This info is also included on the arisaka website.
View Quote
It does work, but you have to modify a 1/8" Allen key to tighten the front most M-lok screw because it's covered by the longer HL-X body. If you take the short side of the L-key and chop it down so it can fit between the body and mount, then you can tighten the screw.

It's not advisable to do this with the KeyMod version of the mount because it needs a T15 Torx driver for the BCM reverse KeyMod screws. Torx L-keys don't have the same shape along the entire length, so chopping one down results in a round shaft rather than Torx driver.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top