Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2003 6:04:14 AM EDT
I feel sure this has been asked and discussed although I couldn't find it on a search. In building a lower I want a trigger (approx. 3 lb) with min. slack and very crisp. Pref. single stage. Who can you buy the lower kit, a good (Ergo) grip and a good trigger all in one package. Any recommendations would be helpful.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#1]
J&P Enterprises Trigger and Hammer will fill your bill nicely.  Fully adjustable.

The hammer/trigger are easily installed by you, as well as adjustment.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Similar question here. No hijack intended.

I was wondering if there was a cheaper way to eliminate the creep in stock triggers. I am NOT inclined to pay for aftermarket adjustables at $100+. I have performed the AFreeMan trigger jobs on my rifles to date. Very good at lightening the pull.

Some thoughts on creep elimination on the cheap.
1. Overlength pistolgrip screw ground to appropriate heighth?
2. Drill holes in lower, specifically inside trigger guard behind trigger and tap for adjustment screw?
3. Epoxy piece of aluminum behind trigger hole?

I am only a few years into ARs and frankly I might not have a clear understanding of how the trigger/disconnect works. Flame away, these ideas may be pretty far fetched.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#3]
You can "upgrade" DPMS rifles to the JP trigger for $135, #UG-69.  I would suppose you could do the same on the lower half too.

Twire:  Thanks for the kind comments.  Your second suggestion, drilling holes and installing screws in the receiver is exactly what people did before the JP trigger was available.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top