Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/23/2003 6:04:14 AM EDT
I feel sure this has been asked and discussed although I couldn't find it on a search. In building a lower I want a trigger (approx. 3 lb) with min. slack and very crisp. Pref. single stage. Who can you buy the lower kit, a good (Ergo) grip and a good trigger all in one package. Any recommendations would be helpful.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:10:21 AM EDT
J&P Enterprises Trigger and Hammer will fill your bill nicely. Fully adjustable. The hammer/trigger are easily installed by you, as well as adjustment.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:32:41 AM EDT
Similar question here. No hijack intended. I was wondering if there was a cheaper way to eliminate the creep in stock triggers. I am NOT inclined to pay for aftermarket adjustables at $100+. I have performed the AFreeMan trigger jobs on my rifles to date. Very good at lightening the pull. Some thoughts on creep elimination on the cheap. 1. Overlength pistolgrip screw ground to appropriate heighth? 2. Drill holes in lower, specifically inside trigger guard behind trigger and tap for adjustment screw? 3. Epoxy piece of aluminum behind trigger hole? I am only a few years into ARs and frankly I might not have a clear understanding of how the trigger/disconnect works. Flame away, these ideas may be pretty far fetched.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:08:15 AM EDT
You can "upgrade" DPMS rifles to the JP trigger for $135, #UG-69. I would suppose you could do the same on the lower half too. Twire: Thanks for the kind comments. Your second suggestion, drilling holes and installing screws in the receiver is exactly what people did before the JP trigger was available.
Top Top