Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/22/2003 7:29:10 PM EDT
Who makes your favorite lower parts kit??
I just bought a Lower.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:26:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2003 1:34:17 AM EDT by J-A-R]
There are many ways to go but for a standard AR-15 lower parts set I use the ones offered by J&T Distributing. Unlike some others I have tried these are of very good Quality. You can find their site in the industry forum and the price is around $55.00 On the main page menu at the left go to Kits then to Lower Parts, scroll down to the end of the list and there you are. Here is their site [url]http://www.jtdistributing.com/[/url]=
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:48:48 AM EDT
The J & T "Colt" trigger is the absolute best i ever feel on a AR 15.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:19:57 AM EDT
I've been looking around too. I've found Rock River Arms and DPMS lower parts kits for $55 as well. I would imagine both of those would probably be pretty good quality too, but I'm not sure how they would be in relation to the J&T kits.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:13:27 AM EDT
Martowski: If you prefer another source than J&T it's ok with me. I have a lower kit I bought over the web to try and save a few bucks, they are still in the bag, and the same day I ordered another kit from J&T. Just thought you might like to know what works best for me and who I intend to order from for any future projects. Good luck on your builds and enjoy your AR's.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:51:00 AM EDT
How is the trigger feel on these kits. I want a good ( smooth) single stage trigger. I have been told that Acuracy Speaks is a top trigger. I'd like to only buy one if possible. Can you smooth out trigger feel with some polishing( maybe I don't really need an upgraded trigger)?? Thanks, Joel [bounce]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:44:40 AM EDT
LightSpeed2: Most lower parts kits come with the standard AR-15 hammer & trigger. I do not know what purpose you intend for your AR, if this is your first build I would start with the standard set. This will get you up and running and some time to get the feal of the weapon also the parts should seat in and smooth out. To some people like myself the standard parts are good enough, they will make the weapon go bang every time and give you fewer problems. Then if you go to a good single stage or double you know what to expect from them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:59:31 AM EDT
J-A-R, Good advise, Point taken. Thanks
Top Top