Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/2/2008 7:22:25 PM EST
I have a Spike lower with an RB lower parts kit with RR NM trigger. Everything was going great until I did a function check. The safety selector does not allow the hammer to disengage when in fire. Seems to disengage fine with the safety removed. Obviously this is a problem. The trigger pins went in pretty easily and didn't fit like the oversize pins I was expecting. I was considering replacing the safety with a star safety. Maybe it is slightly out of spec? Any ideas?

-Mike
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:49:05 AM EST
The trigger does disengage when the safety selector is removed. When inserted, the selector appears to inhibit the travel enough so that the trigger will not disengage.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:46:14 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:17:28 AM EST
Thanks for the info. RR wanted it back right away. I expected to be put through to an armorer to check to see if I had the springs right etc....but no, they just said they wanted it back and would either repair or send a new one. This leads me to believe that it wasn't milled correctly like you said. I hope that it's not the geometry of the lower....The pistol grip screw was not tapped all the way through so I suppose it's possible that there are other issues however unlikely.
Top Top