Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2007 1:04:56 PM EDT
I'm looking to find an unfinished lower that has not yet been painted or finished. I would like to have this nickel plated. Does anyone know if having this nickel plated would affect the spacing in the gun?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It will add dimension, so it will take a little work to get all the parts (pins) to fit, but with a little care (and emery cloth, and time) it should be ok. Then you will have the shiniest AR on the block.
Note: i would see if they can leave the inside of the mag well uncoated.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
you can get a investment cast or forged 80% lower from www.ar15plus.com
they have one that look's to a very shiney finish
they also sell the jig to finish the lower yourself
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, i was thinking. If shinny is what you are after, you could polish the aluminum to a mirror finish, then have it clear anodized. The you would not have to worry so much about dimension change. Just a thought.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top