Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2002 2:37:15 PM EDT
I've got a lower on the way from Pete-in-NH, now I'm looking for a lower parts kit.  Are there big differences between them other than price?  What does a two stage trigger do differently?  Is it worth the money for just target shooting?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard some parts will hold up better than others.  I'm sure you'll get some recommendations with better deals, but if you stay with the big-name rifle manufacturers you'll be OK for quality.

As far as the trigger: a 2-stage trigger has, well, two stages--the first is most of the travel and weight, then the second is just a little bit more.  Once you get to the end of the first stage the second feels like a really light trigger.  It's popular with the Highpower and varmint shooters.  Not so good for IPSC-type shooting.  For just targets & plinking it's probably not worth it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top