Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/17/2003 8:18:52 PM EDT
Does anybody know of a laser sight that doesnt look like it fell out of a cracker jack box?

I would like a simple picattiny/weaver clamp attached to a small switch operated laser.
Optimally, it would be in one piece.

Or how about one that mounts to the front site post like I have seen sling things?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:42:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/18/2003 8:59:49 AM EDT by 5subslr5]
Yep - there is a laser - the OTAL by Laser Devices - cost $465.00. Check the EE under Sights and Optics, probably on page three or four by now. Mounts to a rail, black and looks the part - 650nm. Rather pedestrian specs but it does look good. Or you can get a Greenbeam 532nm laser, day visible, for $400 that looks like it came out of a Cracker Jack Box. Excellent specs and can walk-the-walk but looks like....well schittt !! (I have this laser on an ArmaLite M15A4 with a barrel mount - like the laser but don't like the mount. I've now found that I can get the laser with a Rail mount and and am putting one on my SR-15 M4.)
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:01:10 AM EDT
One BTT to see if the Sunday crew has anything to add.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:25:03 PM EDT
Crimson Trace is coming out with one for fixed carry handle that is attached to your pistol grip in a couple months.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:23:20 PM EDT
Thanks all! Found a nice one built into a forward A2 grip. Costs $400, may have to wait a little while on that one. Need a forward grip anyways. Maybe I could jimmy one into a hollow forward grip with a little thought.
Top Top