Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 3:10:54 PM EDT
I have installed a few  FSB gas blocks but this is my first low profile install, it's a PRI low profile gas block.
I installed the gas tub and pin, lubed the inside of the gas block and the barrel and slowly slid
it in place on the barrel. made sure gas hole was properly aligned and gas tub was in place.
gas block fit was just snug, slight twisting as I pushed and it got there.
now I just have the set screws snugged in place nothing more. question is should I just tighten
the set screws untel it's firm as is.. or should I clean the gas block the brake cleaner or other and put any locktight on the set screws? if locktight what kind?
I do have blue 242 and red high strength. all suggestions are welcome.
if this has been discussed please post linky.
thanks
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks new-arguy, cleaned it good yesterday and let it dry good overnight. will put red super strength on this evening.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]

my barrel had a small detent the alignment hole for gas tube and it was right were one of
the set screws needed to be so I used it and put a good amount og high strength red loctite
and tightened the screws a good amount.
thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top